Tuesday, September 09, 2003

Hmmm… interesting.

The past weekend has been a rather enjoyable weekend for me. I’ve been getting the hang of training for Radio 1 with Chico and Delle every Saturday already, and I suppose I’m competent enough to handle the console on my own by now. It’s interesting, really. I only had a couple of really noticeable gaffs, such as when I forgot to turn the Auto play button off and ended up playing a commercial in the middle of a song, which was met by a lot of sarcastic text messages berating Chico and Delle for MY mistake. Another time, I forgot to turn up the volume for a song, and it was barely audible. Chico ended up telling me, “Alam mo, maganda siguro kung magpatugtog ka ng kanta. Alam mo, maganda siguro kung lakasan mo.

Purple and Ralph Waldo were actually there. The two were really nice to talk to, and I guess I never really was out of touch with how Purple was. She has her ways of letting me know that she’s still alive and well and as jaded with life as she always has been. But hey, she’s a genuinely nice and affable person, notwithstanding that.

At the end of the show, I was promptly thanked for bungling up the boardwork. Brad was off to Baguio, so I told him to get himself some Alfajor. Hopefully he’d like it. Heh. I then headed for a dental appointment, and ran a RAW Deal tournament. The turnout was pretty bad. There were only thirteen people that day, and I suppose it really could’ve been better. Nonetheless, I was glad I managed to procure some cards I really needed. I just have to get a Leapfrog Stun Gun for Team Angle and I’ll already be finished with my deck’s layout. Pretty excellent, really.

I didn’t go home anymore as my family was out of the house until late at night due to Spy Kids 3D, which I want to see because I’ve never seen a 3D movie in my life… and here are some other films I want to see: Legally Blonde 1 and 2, S.W.A.T., Identity, Bad Boys 1 and 2, and Pirates of the Carribean. If any other film comes to mind, I’d add it to the list, I guess. I was with Grace, though, to watch the film I’ve been waiting for so long to see: www.xxx.com. That makes two reviews I owe: one for 2 Fast, 2 Furious, and one for xxx.com. This film was B- material, and that’s being generous because of Angelu’s presence. I suppose the film was one of Tikoy Aguiluz’s better efforts, but still, I’m sure he can do better than this.

Next morning, I went back home, and I finally negotiated for my 3650. I’ll probably have it by my birthday. For my celeb, I guess lasagna is in order again. My mom and the rest of my family were fun to be with. I even got treated to a full box of Dewberries to take to my aunt’s house, and I guess I’m just happy to really have THIS family. I know I haven’t appreciated my family for the longest time, but at this point in my life, they’re giving me very little reason not to. We even have a videoke system now. Too bad it’s not the Magic Mic, but hey, I can live with that.

Monday? Not much, really. I was particularly busy as I sat in on Sacha’s class again, and I had a hard time solving that switch puzzle. I’m sure if I thought it over more, I’d be more than able to work it out. Nonetheless, it was good to see her again, and I found it amusing to have seen someone who looked like her playing Ragnarok in an internet café. First of all, Sach doesn’t play Ragnarok. Secondly, what would she be doing in an internet café? She has more than enough means to go online…

Theology class is interesting. Dr. Barbazza called the premise of my paper “exciting”, which meant I made a handicap for myself by defending the position on divine foreknowledge and human free will that is REALLY hard to defend. But Hades, I’m sure I’ll manage.

I decided to cut History. Boring git.

Finally got to McCann for my interview. I am absobloodylutely delighted with the fact that I made so much progress for my thesis now. I really think that if this is how it’s going, Imo and I can focus on McCann and Children’s Hour for a case study instead of interviewing all those agencies… ah, well.

Don't expect me in La Salle on Wednesday. I will be having my varsity debate accreditations, and I sincerely hope giving up a Wednesday meeting is all worth it...

Lastly, on RAW Deal: My deck is really coming along nicely. I think it’s beginning to show quite a lot of promise… Chyna, that is. RVD is all set already, anyways.

Catch you next time, jabronis!

No comments: