Friday, December 23, 2005

W-ell...

.:Today's LSS:.

Goes out to the number 9 person I'm most grateful to this year... I hope she does find someone who's strong enough to be her man.

Are You Strong Enough To Be My Man?
by Sheryl Crow

God, I feel like hell tonight
Tears of rage I cannot fight
I'd be the last to help you understand
Are you strong enough to be my man?

Nothing's true and nothing's right
So let me be alone tonight
Cause you can't change the way I am
Are you strong enough to be my man?

Lie to me
I promise I'll believe
Lie to me
But please don't leave, leave, don't leave

I have a face I cannot show
I make the rules up as I go
So try and love me if you can
Are you strong enough to be my man?

My man......
Are you strong enough? (to be my man....)
Are you strong enough?
Are you strong enough? (my.....man)

When I've shown you that I just don't care
When I'm throwing punches in the air
When I'm broken down and I can't stand
Would you be man enough to be my man?

Lie to me
I promise, I'll believe
Lie to me
But please don't leave


.:I Did This Before, But...:.

Comment and ...
1. I'll respond with something random about you.
2. I'll tell you what song/movie reminds me of you.
3. I'll pick a flavor of jello to wrestle with you in.
4. I'll say something that only makes sense to you and me.
5. I'll tell you my first/clearest memory of you.
6. I'll tell you what animal you remind me of.
7. I'll ask you something that I've always wondered about you.
8. If I do this for you, you must post this on your journal. You MUST. It is written.

.:She's Baaaaacccckkk!!!:.

Sacha's inviting the JGL to meet up with her at her house tomorrow afternoon. I prolly can't go, but I hope you guys can.

Anyways, I went to the airport yesterday with Ranulf, Tita Harvey, and Kathy. It was particularly fun, although I was tired and under the weather. Methinks I'm really sick... heck, I really am sick. Bad cough and cold, tonsilitis... this is why we graveyard shift people should have night differential pay...

So when we got there, I ended up having to pay thirty bucks to get back in because I stupidly went out the gates, and at that very moment, I saw Sacha going down the ramp. Methinks it was the hat that gave her away, although I figured her hair would be quite longer by the time she got back.

Coordination issues happened left and right, but we finally got a hold of Ranulf and went back to the van to take Sacha home.

Marcelle: Coordinating with my boyfriend was tough.

Once we got back to the Chua residence, we had lunch, and then swapped stories here and there. I was feeling so sick so I decided to get some medicine for myself, but didn't feel like leaving, until I discovered much to my delight that Datablitz Megamall already had Smackdown vs. RAW for the PSP. That was my cue to leave, and I then headed off there, updated my firmware (Buh-bye, homebrew. Ah, it's worth it.), and started playing while strapped to the Pulmo-Aid machine at the house...

.:Christmas Parties Galore:.

Last Tuesday, I had a Christmas party with Day Off, and it was at Music Match. It was particularly amusing because aside from me singing "Modelong Charing" which completely took Ms. Carmina aback, we also had fun trying out every song we can think of to use. It was really cool.

Then yesterday, I was at the Radio Partners Christmas party, where I was essentially just passing by for the food, really. With all my troubles lately, there really isn't much I can say about that party, except for the fact that I finally met Peachy after all this time. She still recognized me as a KC listener back in the day, but I guess she was genuinely surprised to have found out I'm working for WAVE now.

I'm actually genuinely surprised I'm still working for WAVE up to now. I'm going to be absent all the way to Friday because of my condition right now.

Later, there's also a Christmas Party for the News and Public Affairs department of GMA-7. Interesting, to say the least...

.:Let's Partay...:.

After the quick time I spent at the Radio Partners celebration, I then headed to the E.G.G. for the Game Journalist's party, and it was great to have finally seen Jac, Jonas, Clair, and Dom after all this time. There was a tournament for Dead Or Alive 3 going on, and I placed second. Not bad for a first try with the game, as I'm mainly a DOA2 player,truth be told. It was a nailbiter of a match, though, and I acquitted myself quite well enough, to say the least.

So all in all, I guess it was a good few days as of late. I'm a bit exhausted and under the weather, but seeing Sacha back and seeing some of my other friends whom I haven't seen in ages. I'm happy, to say the least, but no thanks to my health. I'm happy in spite of it, in fact.

.:The Top Ten People I'm Most Grateful To This Year:.

Let's continue our countdown, I guess...

9. Gia: that's my partner in the mornings at WAVE. Whether it be the moments we spend just talking about anything and everything on or off the air, or the mere fact that it's a lot more fun to board on radio when you're not alone, there's very little more I can say about her other than she's been such a great boon to me. I highly doubt I'd have the perseverance to go on with work if I were still boarding on my own on a daily basis. The sheer boredom would've murdered me.

So for all that, Gia, my wholehearted thanks. One can only hope we'd somehow end up being the next Chico and Delamar, but hey, it's not up to us to determine that...

No comments: