Tuesday, June 22, 2004

Retro

.:Me And My Partner:.


Happy people...




This is a picture of me and Anne inside the booth... :)

.:Olive Oyl?:.

Grace was recently comparing Sacha to Olive Oyl, and the more I think about it, the more... on the mark Grace's idea actually happens to be...

Ah, well.

.:Testing The Limits:.

Jason has a theory that I seem to be running aground one person in Hobby Haven a week, and he's presupposing that I'd strike up another “enemy” by next week, as was how it turned out with a couple of them there... he seems to have just a bit of a point, though, considering this...

Jess: So you were at Chico's (Garcia, the dj.) birthday last Thursday?

Marcelle: Yep. He had that amazing gift of a boxed DVD set of the entire James Bond collection...

Chicco: So how's his wife? What's her name again?

Marcelle: His wife? You mean Delamar? You can't be serious, right? I mean, I'm not inclined to confirm or deny, but there're lots of rumors that Chico's gay.

Jess: Really?

Marcelle: It makes sense, you see. For all we know, Chico's gay. Chico has that air around him that...

Chicco: Hey, stop that!

Oh, yeah. You guys have the same name...

.:This Sheer Inanity Is Beyond Me:.

For the record, I really don't hate anyone in my immediate family, step or half or otherwise. However, there're just some pet peeves that so grate at me because it appears clear to me that there's quite a huge disparity with how each of us is regarded. That's what really gets to me from time to time...

Let's look at my stepsister, Caren, for instance. Now, I've been friends with a lot of La Sallites, and I can honestly say that these people I'm friends with break any stereotypes of them being airheads or pretentious, rich, snooty individuals who all look down upon anyone outside of their little circle. Let's face it: that mode of operation is so passe. Unfortunately, good old Caren seems to be making a conscious effort to restore such a silly old stereotype to its former glory.

It's the type of person who exhibits such annoying trademarks that vexes me to no end: the one who speaks in an annoying blend of Tagalog and English when either one or the other would simply do, that unmistakable condescending twang in their voice, and that air of superiority by which that person thinks that anyone who differs in opinion is probably some lowlife who doesn't know any better. These are the Avril Lavigne and Britney Spears haters who hate these artists for the sake of being the “hip” people who hate those who seem to be having such a measure of success by selling an image. These are the people who make an image out of being iconoclastic, yet upholding perhaps the ideal of rock and roll or, in Caren's case, hip hop and R&B.

Normally, I can let those things slide. I mean, there really isn't anything so wrong about being pretentious and coming off as classy. But when I hear this...

Caren: Oh, I'm just in Educational Psych because I couldn't get into La Salle via Business Management, but I'll shift into it the moment I can.

Patty: Oh, that's so right.

Caren: I mean, ayoko naman maging teacher, right?

Patty: Oh, no. You shouldn't.

Wonderful. You sumbishes were talking beside someone who's working as a teaching assistant, among other things. Hooray for the amazing measure of sensitivity the both of you have! I am especially not pleased over your condescending tone when you said the word “teacher”, all the same. Gawd, I hope your so-called intellect is exposed in DLSU as nothing more than a sham because being around a bunch of idiots in your high school made you the smartest student there by proximity.

It sure gets exacerbated when my stepdad comes into play... what a control freak...

I could go on and vituperate some more, but I'll can it. It WAS Father's day, after all...

No comments: