Wednesday, June 30, 2004

Sigh...

.:Evil LSS:.

Too songs are stuck to my head right now... Tuesday's "Hindi Ako Bakla (Kla Kla Kla Kla Kla)" and Ai-Ai Delas Alas' "Ang Tanging Ina". Good Gawd, Camilo really drilled the former into my head, singing it in Dr. Barbazza's class for the most part last night, and then on my way to school today, I heard the latter, and it was really funny because she sounded a lot like she was cussing on the air... heh. I know that the idea is old, but putting it into song is actually funny...

.:Telltale:.

One of my college classmates, Cecille, texted me yesterday...

Hey, Marcelle! You don't happen to be working at WAVE, do you?

I replied to her and told her that I was, but I was curious how she found out as I didn't tell her about it. She could've just heard about it through word of mouth or something... but then...

Drive and Grind? Jus a wild guess. Several accumulated hours of philosophical discussion have made me really familiar with your voice and manner of speaking. ;)

So apparently, I'm still as conspicuous as ever...

.:Delinquent:.

Well, not precisely, but still... it was funny. So I was talking to Ms. Maan, the Philo dep secretary, and she found out why I always seem to be sleepy (Due to WAVE and all.). She quipped that there's a sleeping area in the Philosophy department that I didn't know about, and I promptly took her up on that, as she led the way to the department's "special reading room", which apparently had ample slepping gear, including a pillow and some sort of sleeping bag apparatus...

I popped right in and just spent the next hour and a half getting some much needed rest, perfect for my six to nine class on Heidegger... I swear, one of those questions about Heidegger, Hegel, and Hume (Triple H! Haha haha!) was one for the books...

.:Spaghetting Pataas:.

Sure, I wouldn't mind. But are you sure you want to subject yourself to my cooking? *evil grin*

No problem. As we're both eating dinner, we share the same fate...


Ah, yes. I had class until nine last night, and in spite of the fact that I would certainly miss the last LRT ride home, I decided to stick around and go to Sacha's dorm for dinner, which she was kind enough to prepare. We ended up considering how... domesticated she has gotten in terms of cooking, and I have to say that the angel hair pasta with tomato sauce and meatballs was actually good. It was fun chatting with her, really.

Topics we had ranged from plans in the near future regarding our Ph.D's, the seven-year plan, the sketch she had in Toy Con, as well as the sleeping area in the Philosophy department, which she found particularly amusing. She was immensely amused with the stalker issue as well...

Nonetheless, it was good to just chat with her in a very relaxed environment, really. We were more or less talking about plans for Spider-Man 2 and going to Don Bosco Mandaluyong to hopefully sedu... I mean, recruit students into the CS or Philosophy or Comm (So I have designs on this now... heh.) program of the Ateneo. We'll see how that goes. And I'll be sure to drop by her for dinner again next week. The security people at her dorm are really nice... ah, well.

Maybe next time I should cook... but I'd better do that for someone special. Someone... familiar.

.:All In Good Fun:.

Do note that none of this is true. As a disclaimer, Peppy isn't gay. He's as manly as they come. I should know... ::winks::

Gressa: Are people that shallow? They just know something about you, and they'd judge you already?

Marcelle: Some people are.

Gressa: Well, I'm not.

Marcelle: I know. I mean, you didn't stop talking to Peppy just because he's gay, right?

Gressa: Like you, I don't judge.

In fairness, Gressa likewise believes Peppy isn't gay, so that should count as something to Jason... :) and Eric... ;)

.:Baptism Of Fire:.

Anne was out with a fever this morning, so George had to take over on behalf of her. While George and I didn't really have much rapport going at the start, we still managed to wing it for the most part. The show was pretty fun, actually. It was smooth-sailing except for the fact that I was fairly disoriented with George's style as she's a lot more laid back on the air than Anne. Still, we did get along, and we had a lot of fun with the songs and all, as the requests were really varied, though we did ask them to lay off all the requests for Usher and other new songs. It was Waveback Wednesday, after all.

The fun thing about the whole thing was when someone texted the show to ask me if I were Chinese, and when I answered her and told her that I wasn't, she proceeded to talk to me in Chinese. She ended up fishing out from me that I'm rather fond of Chinese girls and all. I guess my boardwork with George wasn't so bad, considering it was the first time we boarded together. I was also offering clues to "Scratch Your Head To This" throughout, which was something I wouldn't do if Anne is around.

I'm glad to have more or less pulled this show off with George quite decently. The listeners were fun (Glenn got to listen today.), and most of them still don't believe I'm only 20... heh. Even more amusing are their questions about the stuff I used to do in the Galaxy Far, Far Away...

.:Speaking Of The Galaxy...:.

After the show, as I know we end earlier than Chico and Delle do, I went straight up to see them giving their answers. Funny thing is, Chico was too occupied sticking his diving stickers on anything he owned that he could get his hands on. It was funny, really. Even more amusing was how Delle was trying to discreetly explain to Brad why Butuan has to be pronounced as But-wan and not Bu-tu-an. I'm sure the Pampanga people would know why, as would the Spanish people know about the "cabron" comment Mr. Bulaong whizzed past my head the other day...

Anyways, it was fun, and it was nice to see the dynamic duo and Brad Turvey for just a short while...

.:De Facto:.

A certain newfound friend of mine was recently at odds with her best friend. Being the kind of person that I am, I was just being nice and all to her, and I guess, by proximity, until she patches things up with her best friend, I'd have to serve as her de facto best friend... I hope I can acquit myself well enough with that duty I inadvertently imposed upon myself.

I rarely am this nice to new friends like her. I guess there's just something about her that makes me feel a bit at ease. I hope Shai will be doing fine. I know how it is to lose a best friend. In fact, it's happened a wee bit too many times to me already...

.:My Stupid Mouth...:.

... has got me in trouble. I said too much again.

So I'm never speaking up on this certain thing again.

Starting now.

No comments: