Friday, June 10, 2005

.:Today's LSS:.

A song I hope someone dear to me can relate to... hindi naman siguro masamang mangarap. =)

Never Wanna Say Goodbye
by Jojo

Never been in love
Cause a girl like me
Never had someone to care for
Never thought there could be
Someone special for me
And now I'm all in love
Cause a girl like me
Waited patiently for someone
Someone to care for me
And there will never be

CHORUS:
No more lonely, no more just me
I've been there before
Ain't goin no more
And now that you're here I
Never wanna say goodbye love
Never wanna be without you
No more cryin, no denyin'
I'm in love with you
And now that you're here I
I never wanna say goodbye love

Now it's time for me
To find out what the first time love could mean
Little scared but its cool
Cause it's worth it
Now I finally fell in love
And I know that it
Gots to be for real (So real)
It's the way that I feel
So come share my world with me
So there will never be

(CHORUS)

So I'm standin here
Arms open wide
Ready to give my heart
I'm sure this time
Love's gonna last for life
Baby I know things change
And there might be some rain
But the clouds are gonna clear
And the sun is gonna shine again
Shine light on our love baby
So let's make it last forever

(CHORUS)

Da da da da da
Oh


.:Following The Trend…:.

1. Reply with your name and I will write something I like about you.
2. I will then tell what song/movie/icon reminds me of you.
3. If I were to apply an o'clock to you, it would be...
4. I will try to name a single word that best describes you.
5. I'll tell you the most memorable moment I've had with you.
6. I will tell you what animal you remind me of.
7. I'll then tell you something that I've always wondered about you.
8. Put this in your journal.

.:A Second Interview:.

From Sean, this time...

1. You've just been cast as the lead actor in an international movie, and as a result, you get your own trailer. What items or services do you expect to be waiting for you in your trailer once you arrive on set?

If it's going to be splurging time for me, I simply would want a computer with internet access, expert shiatsu masseurs, and ample food. I'm not too demanding. =P

2. Does one get wetter walking through the rain, or running through the rain? Why do you think this is the case?

One gets more wet running through the rain than walking through the rain, as experience has told me. This is mainly because running through the rain means your body is anticipating raindrops far more frequently than while walking. Then again, it could also be the fact that when you run, you're also more inclined to step into puddles that would splash you, so even more reason for you to get wet.

3. Why is it that we cannot eat just one piece of popcorn? Give concrete justification if possible.

One piece is just never enough. Popcorn is a substance meant to be taken in bulk, and taking just one is definitely not going to do you any favors. The flavor of popcorn is rather dispersed, if you think about it. For instance, I love cheese popcorn. But try getting just one piece, and realize that because of the small size of popcorn in contrast to French Fries, the popcorn definitely absorbs far less cheese powder than the fries, explaining why you need more pieces of popcorn than fries to get the taste of cheese to register strongly enough. Similarly, butter has the same effect.

4. Is there any particular philosopher you've studied whose theories and musings would best apply to being a DJ? Why?

I'd normally go the route of Kant, but let's have a change of pace and answer someone else. Emmanuel Levinas, in talking about the Other, is definitely the one, barring Kant, who would definitely influence my works as a DJ. You see, unlike most philosophers such as Heidegger, Descartes, and Sartre who put emphasis on the self over and above anything else, Levinas turns to the opposite hyperbole and insists that any human being has a responsibility to the Other.

In being responsible for the Other, as a jock, I end up being a lot more careful with what I say. I'm not just a person talking to empty space, contrary to what the radio booth attempts to make me feel. I'm a person talking to hundreds, maybe thousands of people at a given time, regardless if it's 2 in the morning. If I were to regard the Other to a point that my self is completely expunged in the equation, I end up following Levinas' line of thinking. To him, it's not just Others first. It's Others only.

Levinas' thoughts can be very provocative, insofar as I'm a person schooled in his touted rival, Heidegger.

5. What genre of music do you dislike the most? Why? What do you feel is your most favorite song in this genre?

I'd have to say I dislike Country for the most part. I haven't heard enough of House or Metal to really dislike either genre, but I've heard enough from Country to say I really don't feel much for it. There's just something about Country music, be it the monotone guitars, or the repetitive themes (Rap is guilty of the same thing, but it's a lot catchier.), but something about Country music just really grates on my ears. I would've joked and said "Achy Breaky Heart" is my favorite, but now that I think about it, "How Do I Live" by LeAnn Rimes counts as a Country song, so I'll go with that.

'Sides, it's not my country we talk about when we call it "Country" music, neh? ;)

.:A Few Ideas...:.

If I'm going to go for portions that can turn into downloadable content, I have to play to my strengths.

For one, Korean films are definitely going to be quite an advantage for me to talk about. Films in general, actually.

Another topic could be Philosophy. I definitely should corner the market on that as well.

A third idea would be to play up on professional wrestling. That'd be way cool, if I can pull it off.

My only problem is how I can ensure that it doesn't become just another trivia portion, which seems to be something Anne and Jada already have covered. That being said, I'm going for making it information on demand, really. Hopefully, it'd be a good idea for me to pull through with this...

As for my caller ringback tone, I decided to go for either Philosophy or that idea Abby ran by me the other day.

.:I'm A Zombie:.

Being awake from 2 to 6 in the ruddy morning does take its toll on me. My body is still far from accustomed to the new sleeping setup, and I'm having significant problems because of it.

Hopefully, I can really go full-time in WAVE, and then I get to have that work-from-home writing job. It'd definitely solve my financial problems in a jiffy. I've already learned how to save money by going to the grocery and picking up big cans of sardines and biscuits, resulting in almost a week-long food supply for a mere 78 pesos. All I have to do is stay away from eating with Ranulf and Jac at restaurants, and I'd be all set. And if ever I have no choice but to do so, I have to make sure I spend under a hundred bucks...

Oh, yeah. I have to stop playing in arcades, too. Somebody stop me! Hehehe...

.:My Thanks...:.

I thank everyone who has been there for me lately. I know I can't mention all of you by name in one go, but you know who you are. You've made me proud of the people I chose as friends, and I thank you all for believing in me in telling me that I can go through this.

Things have been going relatively well, as I told Abby when I met up with her yesterday. She works in Summit now, so I guess it's all good for me to be talking to her at this point. She had some good ideas to help me out, and I'm glad that after all has been said and done, she cares more about my present and future than about my past, of which she knows an awful lot.

.:Four Tickets:.

Four tickets for Batman Begins. One goes to me, one goes to Ranulf, one to Sacha. Hmm... Gyn can't go. I wonder who else wants this...

I know to whom I could've offered this ticket to, but I doubt that person would want it, knowing the ticket is from me. Pride kind of does that to you... oh, well.

No comments: