Wednesday, June 15, 2005

.:Today's LSS:.

Maybe not?

Can We Still Be Friends?
by Todd Rundgren

We can’t play this game anymore
But can we still be friends
Things just can’t go on like before
But can we still be friends
We had something to learn
Now it’s time for the wheel to turn
Grains of sand, one by one
Before you know it, all gone

Let’s admit we made a mistake
But can we still be friends
Heartbreak’s never easy to take
But can we still be friends
It’s a strange, sad affair
Sometimes seems like we just don’t care
Don’t waste time feeling hurt
We’ve been through hell together

Can we still get together sometime
You know life will still go on and on and on

We awoke from our dream
Things are not always what they seem
Memories linger on
It’s like a sweet, sad old song


.:Wish Me Luck:.

I went through a battery of interviews with ABS-CBN thanks to Ms. Jill Toledanes' kind offer for me to apply for a voice-over position with their new anime channel. It was interesting, really, as one of the guys who interviewed me took note that my e-mail address was @otakumail.com, which caught his eye. He apparently was a big anime fan, and so we got along on that wavelength.

Hopefully, I can land this job. I'm a big anime fan, and this is my little way of paying that industry back, if only for all the memories I got from the different series I loved, from Rayearth to GTO.

Wish me luck, jabronis. I don't want to go into much detail right now, lest I jinx it.

.:Batman Begins:.

I ran into Mario and Clair on the way to Greenbelt after meeting up with Pomelo in Glorietta. Pomelo was just so gorgeous last night... you have no idea.

In any case, I met up with Ranulf, Sacha, and Kathy, and we had a bit of a spot of trouble since we didn't get the tickets I asked for. After a short while, things got smoothened over, and we got in. As usual, there were a lot of annoying people behind us who kept on making a racket while watching the movie and really annoyed the Hades out of us to the point that Kathy got up and moved to a different seat. We enjoyed the movie. At worst, it was a film that was much better than Batman and Robin, although the whole idea of changing continuity from the first Batman film definitely took me aback.

After the film, we went ahead and met up with Mario, who wanted to talk to us about some things. And then the innuendo kicked into high gear, as if raising the retractable armrest between me and Ranulf wasn't enough... heh.

Ranulf: I'm more than KFC, eh.

Kathy: You're more than KFC? That's just wrong.

Marcelle: Grab a plate, Kathy! He's a man-buffet!

And then we hitched a ride to KFC with Kathy, and I was in between Mario and Ranulf. Kathy promptly made sharp turns to throw me into the other two guys... what a pal, what a pal. There are no armrests this time... heh. =P

When Mario finds out I have work right after the premiere plus a test to take plus enrollment...

Mario: Wow, you're so hardcore, Marcelle!

Kathy: That was just wrong.

Mario: I mean, he's so hardcore at not sleeping.

Kathy: Keep digging.

When we got back to the Chua residence, a few conversations went on. Pretty nice time, really. Can't believe Sacha is leaving in a bit over a month...

.:Annoying Callers...:.

It's amazing how persistent some callers can be. You give in to one request, soon enough they're going to just dictate your entire playlist, and they'd even get annoyed when you don't grant their requests, after having had five of them played in rapid succession.

I just had to tell off one of them...

Sana naman hindi mo kami pinapahintay sa kanta kung hindi mo naman itutugtog. Nakikinig kasi kami, eh.

Alam niyo, medyo hindi niyo ako binabayaran para itugtog yung mga kanta niyo, so puwede, huwag kayong umaabuso sa kaka-request...

.:Four Hours Of Waveback:.

I definitely love Waveback Wednesdays, and my new timeslot means I get to do it for four straight hours. Whee!

No comments: