Wednesday, June 29, 2005

.:Today's LSS:.

Was singing this a lot last time I heard it...

Lost In Your Eyes
by Debbie Gibson

I get lost in your eyes
And I feel my spirits rise
And soar like the wind..
Is it love that I am in?

I get weak in a glance
Isn’t that what’s called romance?
...and now I know
’cause when I’m lost I can’t let go

Chorus:
I don’t mind not knowing what I’m headed for
You can take me to the skies...
It’s like being lost in heaven
When I’m lost in your eyes

I just fell, don’t know why
Something’s there we can’t deny...
And when I first knew
Was when I first looked at you

And if I can’t find my way
If salvation seems worlds away
Oh, I’ll be found
When I am lost in your eyes

(Chorus)

I get weak in a glance
Isn’t this what’s called romance?
Oh, I’ll be found
When I am lost in your eyes


.:Excuses, Excuses:.

Got hit with the flu, which explains why I'm posting only now. I was so sick I took Tuesday off from work. Oh, well. On to business as usual...

And don't worry, no Jasmine Trias shenanigans from me. For today. =P

Nonetheless, I have quite a few new things to post about, but I'll tie them all into my (delayed) Suman post, due most likely tomorrow or Friday, due to the fact that my laptop is still with Sacha, as she was kind enough to help me reformat but we didn't have enough time to finish the whole procedure when I was there at her place last Monday. Nonetheless, things were going so well for me afterwards when I went to meet Pomelo that day. Regardless, we haven't quite managed to see eye to eye on a few things, but I don't really care. I want to go the distance with Pomelo, if God is willing to let me.

Anyways, I'd like to reiterate my thanks to Diane and Sacha for all the help with fixing my laptop. My thanks to Pomelo for being such a blessing to me. Though we don't see eye to eye on a few things, you still make my world go round...

.:Retro Post: Bushed:.

Hardly got any rest after a meeting for WAVE last Thursday right before my three-hour class on Ricoeur. Nonetheless, it was a good Thursday, as I managed to get some problems about my work out of the way, as well as talk to Donald and Ray here and there after class. It was all good, although I really don't feel like going into detail at this point. Regardless, it was all in all a very good day, to say the least.

.:Retro Post: Carnivore Night:.

I met up with Pomelo before getting soaked to the bone due to the horrible rain before I got to Kathy's house for the so-called “Carnivore Night” party. Ching was there all the way from Singapore, which made me the unwilling subject of a lot of ribbing, although it was pretty obvious I was shrugging the whole thing off with a lot more ease this time, as I simply wasn't interested anymore. That didn't stop me from freaking Hrbs out, though, as I happily declared that I was an “Hrbivore”. Lol.

In any case, the people there were JM, Clair, Dang, myself, Chips and his girlfriend, Lui, some of Ching's friends, and of course, the Chuas. I bought some lamb chops which Kathy cooked. I think Kathy makes an excellent cook, actually. All in all, it was a very fun time for everyone concerned. Kathy never let up on making jokes about me with regard to someone, though...

Went spinning at the rooftop afterwards, all the same. I was cracking lots of corny jokes, but all in all, people were mostly in a good mood, as I was personally pleased as punch about the whole setup, and I could imagine a lot of other people were, too. I finally saw the Snake wicks at work, and they looked really stunning, to say the least. I really can develop a liking for those wicks... no neck wraps, though. Sacha was extremely giddy, but it wasn't for herself, to say the least. When I heard about it, I felt pretty excited about the whole deal as well.

I then went home with Clair and Dang, as we were all headed in the same direction. Nothing much to detail, really. Too bad we didn't get to finish H2G2, though... ah, well.

The food was great. I repeat: the food was great.

.:Retro Post: Saturdate:.

But of course. Then again, there's nothing I can possibly detail about it, I guess. Heh.

.:Retro Post: Sigh...:.

To be honest, I don't quite know if I'd want to come back if my family took me back in.

So there I was, dropping by my house to get some system discs for my laptop, and it just really felt surreal to see my stepdad and my mom so civil to me after the last time. Regardless, it made me realize all the more that my appreciation for them deepens when I'm away from them, and I'd rather keep it that way.

I hope I can support myself financially when the time comes. I really want to just get away from them already. Marriage isn't the answer. Self-sufficiency is.

.:Retro Post: Another Tournament:.

It was pretty frustrating, really. I ended up being fifth place in yesterday's tournament, and ended up not making the cut to top four. I guess all things considered, Pithing Needle is simply put, a card that I definitely would need in my deck, no questions asked. It'd make my life so much easier against Landstill decks and other similar opponents with Wasteland and Strip Mine.

Nonetheless, I had fun playtesting Death Long. Worked pretty well for me, although I guess there's room for improvement as far as my playstyle goes. I think I'm doing pretty well with the list, though. If I went up against myself as Doomsday with my decklist, I would've won easily, in contrast to how Mike ended up losing to my Doomsday because of Force Of Will. Defense Grid makes sure that doesn't happen.

No comments: