1. What did you do in 2014 that you'd never done before?
Host a quiz night. And now, I do it every Wednesday, starting next year! I also headlined a comedy show for the first time ever.
2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I didn't make any last year, and I don't plan to make any this year.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Isabel Lacson, I suppose, seeing as she was my housemate until last June or so.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
My Lola Tita passed away last April 2, Tado Jimenez, Vic Palileo, and Coy Caballes. Yeah, this was a terrible year for me when it came to that.
5. What countries did you visit?
Thailand, and in a few days, Macau.
6. What would you like to have in 2015 that you lacked in 2014?
A chance to re-establish myself as the comedy mentalist. I know I left my entertainment career by the wayside since 2009, but after quitting my office job, now's a good time to re-establish myself.
7. What date from 2014 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
September 20. Not only was that my brother's birthday, that was also the day I got together with C-. That's her rapper name, you see.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Headlined for the first time in my standup comedy "career," with much thanks to the 20-minute set GB let me have near the end of our run in Tomato Kick. I also got a quiz night going this year!
9. What was your biggest failure?
Did I really have to lose a friend just because I'm no longer pining for her? There's also the infamous Tinder mishap. And the fact that I could have done so much more this year, but I was terrible at finding the time for them all. And, oh. The fact that I'm no longer in radio now. Any chance I could change this next year? We'll see.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Still a lot of sore throats.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
I would have to say Switch Improv, seeing how far we've come as a group. Also, my brother, as he really carved out a good thing with Burger Company. There's also the earlier half of my year, mostly spent enjoying the company of Marco and Mike, playing board games.
13. Whose behavior appalled you and made you depressed?
The Tinder Mistake. Yeah, the one who thought she should have the power to tell me what to say or not to say on my blog, even if I never once named her. There's also that other person who decided that we didn't need to be friends anymore. So much for "always a part of each other's lives," huh?
14. Where did most of your money go?
Those WWE and NBA Card Battle apps, and yeah, video games in general. Especially NBA 2K15.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Working from home, and finally having someone I could safely say I'm happily in love with! My Thailand trip was pretty awesome, too.
16. What song will always remind you of 2014?
"Fancy," by Iggy Azalea. We can debate about whether or not she's in the right for co-opting the rap image, but I'll be damned if that song isn't so catchy it doesn't override everything else this year, including a really good Adam Lavine song and "Anaconda."
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? – happier during the last quarter of the year, muuuuch sadder prior
ii. thinner or fatter? – thinner (I think)
iii. richer or poorer? – richer(-ish)
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Gigs, and writing.
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Reaching out to people who simply don't deserve it.
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
Quietly spent at home.
21. Did you fall in love in 2014?
22. How many one-night stands?
Well, not quite any.
23. What was your favorite TV program?
The Flash. I ended up watching Arrow just by extension. Also, Agents of SHIELD and Hannibal.
24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
Yeah, but I didn't know this person before this year, either, so meh.
25. What was the best book you read?
Well, damn. I haven't really read a book this year, have I? Need to change that next year.
26. What was your greatest musical discovery?
The NBA 2K15 soundtrack. Damn, Pharell, you know how to pick 'em.
27. What did you want and not get?
A published article in Cracked. But that's really on me now, isn't it? I feel like I underachieved this year.
28. Favorite film of this year?
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I was in Thailand. Shopping and stuffing myself in duck.
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Good health for both me and C-
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2013?
Outside of that so-called makeover I had with Uniqlo? Meh.
32. What kept you sane?
Cracked.com, the 8List, Switch Improv, Comedy Manila, Comedy Cartel, DC Deckbuilding, and video games.
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Would you believe? Ming Na Wen!
34. What political issue stirred you the most?
#Gamergate, if only because of the gender politics involved. And the PDAF scam, still.
35. Who did you miss?
That friend who decided we didn't need to be friends anymore. Not cool. Not cool at all.
36. Who was the best new person you met?
C-. End of story.
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2013.
Life and love doesn't have to be as f*cked up as it's always been for you in the past.
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
"First things first, I'm the riles." - Iggy Azalea
And, oh, try this one on for size...