A crazy year, but one I'm glad I went through. Here's what I ended up realizing about the year that was...
1. What did you do in 2015 that you'd never done before?
I hosted a TV show. I'm hoping there's a second season, but the jury's still out on that one. It was on PTV-4, and it felt like I was doing something important there.
2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I didn't make any last year, and I don't plan to make any this year. As it has always been.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Jaycie Tanseco, I guess? Can't really recall anyone else at the moment.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Celebrity deaths abounded, but this year, I think I was spared the loss of anyone specifically close to me.
5. What countries did you visit?
Welp. Looks like I stayed in all 2015. :|
6. What would you like to have in 2016 that you lacked in 2015?
More shows as a solo performer. I slowly made headway into that this past year, but I've only just begun. Also, I ought to travel more. 2015 was pathetic for me, travel-wise.
7. What date from 2015 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
December 18. The day Patty told me we were going to give this a try.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Hosting "Bara-Bara: Anything Goes" on PTV-4 was a big deal to me. I never would have thought I'd be doing that. I also managed to get a nameplate on Kick Engines for winning a big Legacy tournament.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Playing sidekick to someone who never once really knew the value of that. For years. Talk about sidetracking myself.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Food poisoning a couple of times?
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Several Modern decks that really gave me a semblance of an MTG career!
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Ryan Rems Sarita, for winning "Funny One" this year. Cheers, mate. And for most of my friends in comedy and improv, seeing as a lot of them really stepped their game up in 2015. Also very proud of Rederick Mahaba and Vintendo, two of my friends from PWR. I think it's pretty awesome to see them live out their dreams as professional wrestlers.
13. Whose behavior appalled you and made you depressed?
Oh, you know. The douchebag who thinks he owned my free time? The guy who apparently mistook me for his boyfriend. LOL. There were a few more, but I'm willing to accept part of that was my fault, so I don't really resent them for it.
14. Where did most of your money go?
MTG, Food and Uber, it seems.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Hosting a TV show. I will keep harping about it whenever applicable. And oh, definitely Patty. Hee!
16. What song will always remind you of 2015?
"Thinking Out Loud" by Ed Sheeran, but only because it refused to go away since 2014. If I had to pick an exclusively 2015 song, I would probably say "Hotline Bling."
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? – mostly happier
ii. thinner or fatter? – fatter
iii. richer or poorer? – richer
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Gigs, and actually writing for Cracked.
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Beating myself up over past failures.
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
Quietly spent at home.
21. Did you fall in love in 2015?
22. How many one-night stands?
23. What was your favorite TV program?
"How To Get Away With Murder," although the other shows I've been already watching still stand: Hannibal, Elementary, and Flash.
24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
Yep. It's a wonder I put up with that one for as long as I did.
25. What was the best book you read?
"Mind Mysteries Guidebook, Vol. 1," but only because that's the only physical book I've actually read this year.
26. What was your greatest musical discovery?
I have a thing for death metal covers of really popular songs, like say, "Hello," by Adele.
27. What did you want and not get?
To go to Hong Kong with my old friend, Jan. Sadly, budget concerns got in the way.
28. Favorite film of this year?
It's either "Heneral Luna" or "Magic Mike XXL," or "Star Wars: Episode VII," but the last one is mostly just a reflex action from the guy named "mistervader."
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I was actually at a wake when I turned 32.
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Getting started with writing for Cracked and actually having more shows during the -Ber months.
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2015?
Hats, hats, and more hats.
32. What kept you sane?
Cracked.com, the 8List, Switch Improv, Comedy Manila, Modern, Legacy, and video games.
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
For a fleeting moment, one of my castmates on "Bara-Bara." My lips are sealed. Then again, I could always volunteer Harriet Sugarcookie for this.
34. What political issue stirred you the most?
The Fallen 44 and the INC Protests.
35. Who did you miss?
So many people, but maybe the one whom I met only twice but pined after for a while.
36. Who was the best new person you met?
Patty. No contest,.
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2015.
Sometimes, you just have to dare.
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
"Ikaw na ba si Mr. Right? Ikaw na ba ang love of my life? Ikaw na ba ang icing sa ibabaw ng cupcake ko?"
It sums up my year in that it doesn't make a lick of sense, but it makes me smile.