Friday, September 15, 2017

I'm Writing Again. This Is Not A Test

.:Guess Who's Back? Back Again?:.

Well, yes. I'm back to blogging, although probably with far less photos and captions for the moment, as I try to get my footing back.

Or maybe, I'll just not blog for a year again afterwards or something. I don't know, really.

There's been a lot going on since I last blogged, and though one could just point in the direction of social media as an easy way to get people caught up, it's not like anyone who didn't already care would at this point. This blog is really more for me than for any perceived readership at this point.

From developments in my life to where our country has been headed lately, there's so much going on my mind in recent weeks, especially when the bloggers went old school and started hanging out with each other again.

Ultimately, while I don't know what I have to say in the long-term, all I want to say right now is that there is a whole f*ckton wrong with this world lately, and it's disturbing how we feel compelled to sit through it and just mostly talk about it in the comfort of our own echo chambers.

It's scary, because people far wiser, far better than I could ever  hope to be are all doing this, and not without reason. To see them pretty much clam up instead of fight on, knowing full well that fighting on and on won't yield them much in today's climate is indeed disheartening. But can you blame them?

But I guess I'm just dumber than I normally look, so here I am, perhaps not as brave as some of the bravest I know, but still blatantly fighting front and center with my name attached to it. That's really how it is, I guess.

Because y'know what? I know all too well that what I'm fighting for is absolutely right.

"Compromise where you can. Where you can't, don't. Even if everyone is telling you that something wrong is something right. Even if the whole world is telling you to move, it is your duty to plant yourself like a tree, look them in the eye, and say, 'No, *you* move'." 

- Sharon Carter, Captain America: The Winter Soldier

No comments: