Tuesday, January 08, 2013

The 2012 Year-In-Review Survey...

.:The 2012 Year-In-Review Survey...:.

1. What did you do in 2012 that you'd never done before?

I hit the gym and took up boxing, went wakeboarding, got into improv comedy, wrote for the 8List, and loved like I never have before.

2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?

I didn't lose two pounds a month, but from September onwards, I did learn to eat healthier and lost quite a bit of weight that way. For 2013, I resolve to make My Beloved happier than she has ever been. 

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?

Kathy Chua!

4. Did anyone close to you die?

Close to me? Not so close, but Butch Maniego passed away, and that stunned me. My grandmother passed away early this year, so that kind of felt almost like 2012.

5. What countries did you visit?

Just Hong Kong.

6. What would you like to have in 2013 that you lacked in 2012?

Love. I think it's time.

7. What date from 2012 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?

October 31, 2012. The day I met My Beloved again. November 01, the day after, comes a pretty close second.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?

Going crazy viral!

9. What was your biggest failure?

Not being good enough to take the pain away and a horrible mishandling of situations that led to me losing two friends I wish I were still good friends with now.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?

Nothing major, to my recollection, although this heel spur I had has been nagging me for almost a year already.

11. What was the best thing you bought?

A PS Vita and a 32-inch TV for my Makati place? Also, a 1-TB hard drive I gave as a present.

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?

My Beloved, because she reached out to me after years. Agnes, because she put up with me despite my worst times this year. Kim Chua, because she was very supportive as a friend.

13. Whose behavior appalled you and made you depressed?

The one who took a shot at me while I was down, the one who reminds me of someone that I know, and the one who I looked up to but refused to let me rectify our issues. Also, the asshole who hurt My Beloved.

14. Where did most of your money go?

Gadgets and food, by far.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?

Seeing My Beloved again. Unfortunately, the feeling wasn't mutual as she likes me more over the phone. LOL.

16. What song will always remind you of 2012?

"Gangnam Style" - PSY, "I Won't Give Up" - Jason Mraz, "Call Me Maybe" - Carly Rae Jepsen, "Somebody That I Used To Know" - Gotye, and "Endlessly" - The Cab

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:

i. happier or sadder? – happier
ii. thinner or fatter? – thinner
iii. richer or poorer? – neither

18. What do you wish you'd done more of?

Paid shows! (Still!) Also, improv jams, socializing, and finding ways to make My Beloved happy.

19. What do you wish you'd done less of?

Pointless dating! (Still!)

20. How will you be spending Christmas?

It was pretty quiet.

21. Did you fall in love in 2012?

Except for one possible exception, not with anyone I didn't already love before. I sure fell in like quite a lot. 

22. How many one-night stands?

Straight-edge, remember?

23. What was your favorite TV program?

WWE Raw and Smackdown, Nikita, and Big Bang Theory, even if I don't really watch TV.

24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?

I don't think I hate anyone at this point, so much as I feel regrets over them for various reasons.

25. What was the best book you read?

Wow. I don't think I actually really read a complete book this year. That's terrible.

26. What was your greatest musical discovery?

Gotye, PSY, and yes, Carly Rae Jepsen.

27. What did you want and not get?

One more chance. (Still!)

28. Favorite film of this year?

Avengers, maybe? I honestly am pretty ambivalent about the movies this year, although I liked Rock Of Ages a lot, if I remember it correctly...

29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?

I turned 29 on a weekend, so I managed to keep it mostly quiet.

30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?

One more chance. But hey, maybe 2013?

31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2012?

Not cutting it with My Beloved.

32. What kept you sane?

Cracked.com and My Beloved.

33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?

Jinri Park, still? LOL.

34. What political issue stirred you the most?

The RH Bill, especially when it finally got signed.

35. Who did you miss?

My Beloved (Still!), and the friends I lost for various reasons.

36. Who was the best new person you met?

I might have to say Erika, my officemate, since she was a movie buddy for a while, and she's arguably the only new person I met whom I still get along with up to now. Otherwise, it would've been W, really.

37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2012.

Good things come to those who wait.

38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.

I'm not perfect, but I swear I'm perfect for you.

No comments: