Thursday, December 26, 2013

The 2013 Year-In-Review Survey

.:The 2013 Year-In-Review:.

1. What did you do in 2012 that you'd never done before?

I went abroad on my own.

2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?

I could have sworn I kept a resolution, but I don't quite know if it went appreciated. Check last year's resolution, if you're wondering what it was.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?

Kathy Chua (again)!

4. Did anyone close to you die?

My grandmother from my father's side passed away January this year. Other than that, not really.

5. What countries did you visit?

Australia, and most likely in a few days, Singapore.

6. What would you like to have in 2014 that you lacked in 2013?

Love. I think it's time. Dammit, didn't I say this last year?

7. What date from 2013 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?

The entirety of my trip in Australia, I guess? That was a couple of weeks in June, and it definitely shaped how the rest of my year turned out to be.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?

Went viral several times over again this year, especially with the Anne Curtis list, and there was a momentous accomplishment during my Australia trip that I'm not exactly at liberty to discuss.

9. What was your biggest failure?

The inability to seal the deal and actually make good on making something lasting out of my trip.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?

A lot of sore throats.

11. What was the best thing you bought?

Now that I think about it, I haven't really bought anything of note this year, except maybe a plane ticket and some cards, as I got back into the thick of Magic: The Gathering this year.

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?

My new friend, Chiqui, who really made good on her dream of making it into radio. Probably Pomelo as well, given how far we've come as friends now.

13. Whose behavior appalled you and made you depressed?

 I'd rather not name these people, especially since one of them supposedly merited celebration last year. So much for that. There's also that time someone stole a gig from me and attempted to do it a second time. 

14. Where did most of your money go?

Food, a plane ticket, and Magic: The Gathering. Also, maybe a bit into Tekken on iOS.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?

The Australia trip. Notice a running theme here?

16. What song will always remind you of 2013?

"Neseye Ne Eng Lehet" - Daniel Padilla

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:

i. happier or sadder? – sadder
ii. thinner or fatter? – fatter
iii. richer or poorer? – poorer

18. What do you wish you'd done more of?

Paid shows, and listening to my own advice.

19. What do you wish you'd done less of?

Emotional eating.

20. How will you be spending Christmas?

It was pretty quiet. In fact, I mostly slept through it.

21. Did you fall in love in 2013?

There was nothing new here. What was then still is now - and I hate it.

22. How many one-night stands?

Straight-edge, remember?

23. What was your favorite TV program?

WWE Raw and Smackdown, and Elementary. Lucy Liu is love.

24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?

No, but I might be getting there.

25. What was the best book you read?

The Hunger Games? Although I realize I actually read The Game last year.

26. What was your greatest musical discovery?

I went mostly with classics this year. The Robin Thickes of our year weren't particularly definitive to me, although "Roar" by Katy Perry did have some merit to it.

27. What did you want and not get?

One more chance. (Still! For four years and counting!)

28. Favorite film of this year?

On. The. Job.

29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?

There wasn't anything important going on the day I turned 30. At least, not to my recollection. I was just working and making lists.

30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?

One more chance. But hey, maybe I should stop thinking next year would be any better?

31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2013?

Outside of that so-called makeover I had with Uniqlo? Meh.

32. What kept you sane?

Cracked.com, the 8List, and Magic: The Gathering.

33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?

It was a renaissance of my infatuation for Lucy Liu!

34. What political issue stirred you the most?

Janet freaking Napoles.

35. Who did you miss?

That feeling that things would get better if only I held on for one more day. So more of a "what" than a "who," since missing someone who doesn't miss me back is kind of pointless anyways.

36. Who was the best new person you met?

Chiqui. No doubt. Christa and Jona figure in there, somewhere, too.

37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2013.

"Thank you" is a beautiful pair of words - until they're used in response to "I love you."

38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.

How long will I love you, long as the stars are above you - and longer, if I can.

No comments: