Friday, September 28, 2007

I Can't Dance To Save My Life...

.:And Now I Know Why I Should Stick To Dance Maniax...:.

And so it was the birthday celebration for Reedley's founder, Mrs. Ong...

And so it came to pass that the new teachers had a group presentation, and I just so happened to be partnered with the closest colleague I have at the moment, who shall remain unnamed for her sake.

And so we went there and did our Tropang Trumpo dance splendidly, and we even did our joke to much aplomb.

Then it happened. We had to do the swing.

My partner and I were smack dab in the center of the floor, and were noticeably the only pare who had no idea what the Hades they were doing there. It was sheer embarrassment, to say the least. We were not in tune at all, and it was just mortifying how we kept on fumbling the steps repeatedly.

Words cannot express my horror at that, which promptly ruined the rest of the night for me, as I felt like a fish out of the water as my partner tried to dance some more to much more success, while I felt I didn't need to be reminded of how horrid I was.

Moments like those can really take the wind out of your sails, especially when you're usually the life of a party...

No comments: