Monday, March 07, 2011

Project 52 (10/52): Stay- Lisa Loeb

.:Project 52 (10/52): Stay – Lisa Loeb:.



I never watched the movie Reality Bites, believe it or not. Despite that, this song is still one of the most beautiful songs I’ve ever heard, and Lisa Loeb made me realize that girls who were glasses are hot. Very hot.

I don’t have much to say about the song, considering I came up with it today by putting my iTunes on random, but hey, it’s awesome. If you can hear this song and not take a liking to it, I have to question your humanity. :P

Still, when I think about this song, I can't help but feel how difficult it was back in my day to actually play the song again and again until I could finally memorize the lyrics in its entirety. It was an achievement for me when I could finally spit out the lyrics as if it were some kind of rap song, particularly when she goes, "You say, I only hear what I want to, I don't listen hard, don't pay attention to the distance that you're running..."

It's so easy to say we're done with someone, that they're out of our lives. But how much of our true selves do we deny when we don't ask them to stay?

No comments: