Tuesday, April 03, 2012

The Ink Still Hasn't Dried...

... as I write a new chapter in my life.

I find it hard to breathe as the news hit me like a mac truck just this morning. Quite frankly, it's not like I didn't see this coming. Despite that, it's still something that utterly crushes me and demoralizes me far beyond what I can take.

I don't know what's going to happen next. I don't know where we go from here. It's been a crazy ride for nearly three years, but now, through circumstances under my control, it has to come to a stop.

The easy way out would be to toss blame around and say none of it is my fault. The easy way out would be to whine and complain and say I didn't deserve any of this. And maybe I didn't, but they're not to blame for any of this, either. Ultimately, bad luck happens, and they're very well within their rights to enforce exactly what they've made very clear from the get-go.

Despite that, it doesn't make this any less devastating.

I'll be damned. This whole mess feels like another breakup.

No comments: