Friday, April 13, 2012

Project 52 2012 (15/52): On Friday The 13th (And Why It's Confirmation Bias Bull)

.:Project 52 2012 (15/52): On Friday The 13th (And Why It's Confirmation Bias Bull):.


Oh, look. The friendzone. What else is new?

Ah, yes. Bile. It tastes good on a daily basis, and Friday the 13th is no exception. It's frustrating, really, and while it seems like it'd be great to go out of my way to talk about why today is a really crappy day, I think the bright spot is, I can't really blame Friday the 13th for the misfortune.

It doesn't really matter how bad my Friday the 13th is going to be. Given how things are, this day would've been bad, regardless of the date it falls upon.

And see, I know I'm supposed to be making a point here somewhere, but I feel not just heartbroken, but completely broken. I'm not thinking coherently, and I can't make heads or tails of what I'm feeling, but damn, I'm really walking wounded right now.

All I know is this: when Friday the 13th rolls around, we look extra hard for the bad things happening, and that's why we think it's a day of bad luck. Yet obviously, 9/11 didn't happen on Friday the 13th now, did it? Well, good things or bad, the days will keep on rolling, and this is exactly the same scam that has allowed Phiten and Power Balance to work its magic at fleecing people of their hard-earned money. After all, when you expect something to happen, or work, you're going to look extra hard for indicators that something did happen or work.

Yeah, well, screw this day, regardless. I could've sworn I deserved better. Looks like I was wrong.

No comments: