Tuesday, September 04, 2012

So... Something Put Me In A Lighter Mood Today...

.:Random Goodbyes Were Never This Cute!:.


Say it with me right now: awwwwww!!!

It was a rough week last week. Lost a friend, on the cusp of losing another one as I write this, and, well, a whole host of other things.

Yet some bright spots remained, chief among them the fact that I feel a lot more corporately desirable than I ever have in my entire career.

And when I got to my spot this morning, I actually found a letter. Someone apologized to me. It still wasn't in person, but it was far better than what felt like a non-apology the first time around.

I left it at "we're cool," and that's the end of it. I doubt I'm going to regain any of the friendships I lost recently, nor do I even feel like I want to. Let it be my emotional spring cleaning of the year, especially since, like I said, I expected no less than a face to face apology here.

But whatever. I've felt so used and abused just this past week, giving people the support they need, then having myself discarded to the side when it becomes clear that I have outlived my usefulness. I'm tired and I'm disheartened, and I'm getting to a point where I'm beginning to be wary of really investing in friendships beyond the ones I already have. The new ones have almost unilaterally proved to be horrible missteps, and on a statistical level, we're looking at maybe one good friend after five to seven horrid ones.

Or maybe it's really me who's the problem. Either way, staying the eff away seems like the smartest thing to do.

But still, bad rash of run-ins aside, that video up there? It keeps this day from being a wash. That's just how great it is.

Oh, I just realized. It's September. Never a good month for me.

No comments: