Tuesday, October 29, 2013

I Knew You Were Trouble When You Walked In: The Unsent Series, Volume 4, Part III

I haven't done this in a while, but I guess a few rapid-fire notes would be mighty therapeutic.

.:Once Upon A Time, A Few Mistakes Ago...:.

Dear Bright Future,

You could have just told me. I was paranoid. I was afraid. I didn't want to screw things up. But you kept telling me to just be myself, and lo and behold, I screwed things up precisely because I was being myself.

And now I find out that it was all a ploy to get me off your back. You could have just told me so, without having to make me jump through all these hoops! Would have made my life easier.

From this point on, I have to deal with you in all awkwardness. But don't think for a moment we could be friends. Friends don't leave each other in the lurch like you did to me. 


.:I Was In Your Sights:.

Dear AK-47,

Twist of fate or not, I can't thank you enough for being there for me. You stuck it out with me when everyone else would have up and left already. You have no idea how much I appreciate you.

.:You Found Me, You Found Me...:.

Dear Neofire,

I don't know where this is headed, but I'm happy. I hope you're happy, too. Because that's all that matters for now. Let the cards fall where they may.

.:I Guess You Didn't Care:.

Dear Spinach,

Things are coming to a head soon. But I know you know it. 

What I hope you know, though, is that you're worth it.

.:And I Guess I Liked That:.

Dear Nectar,

Thank you for coming into my life when I needed a true friend. I can't be happier that you're there, and that you've figured significantly in my life without once making me feel like a fool around you. The respect you treat me with is refreshing.

.:And When I Fell Hard...:.

Dear Princess,

No matter what happens, someone cares. I guess it's just really difficult to know where to go from here when it comes to you, but I'm glad you're still there despite all the wacky hijinks we've found ourselves in. You're special, you know that? In so many ways.

.:You Took A Step Back:.

Dear Telos,

You're awesome. Really, you are. But wow, you sure do make me feel like you're out of my league. 

Honestly? That's a first.

But what's also a first? That it doesn't matter, because we have so much more going for us than that.

.:Without Me, Without Me:.

Dear Long John,

You just like the attention, don't you? Well, I guess you have to look elsewhere from now on. Sorry.

.:No Apologies:.

Dear Pick,

I hope he treats you half as well as you love him, because otherwise? You're wasting your time.

.:The Blame Is On Me:.

Dear Erratic Duo,

I've apologize long enough that I think I'm already turning blue over it. You win, I lose. But please, please, please. Just find it in your heart to see where I was coming from, maybe? We had so much good going for us, but you seem to have decided that things were worse than they actually were.

I've tried everything I could, and I think that it really is a burnt bridge not meant to be ever rebuilt. And speaking of burnt bridges...

.:So Shame On Me:.

Dear Alternative,

You left me out of your life at a point where I felt I needed to be a part of it. That's your deal. Thanks for throwing away years upon years of a so-called friendship all because you couldn't handle it when someone calls you out for the emotional abuse you have been heaping on your so-called friend for years.

.:I Knew You Were Trouble When You Walked In:.

Dear Carbon,

You keep flitting in and out of my life, and I don't know how to keep up with you. Sometimes, I wish I could just hold you down and let you know that you don't need to hurt yourself so much anymore. You deserve better. 

.:You Flew Me To Places I've Never Been:.

Dear Divine,

It's been years already. Move on sometime. It's good for you. Look at me, keeping all these grudges. Not very healthy, is it? Don't do it to yourself.

.:'Til You Put Me Down:.

Dear Pomelo,

I can't believe it. Here we are, after all these years. 

It's exhilarating to know that things are slowly falling into place for you again. I wish I had your luck, but I'm genuinely happy for you.

.:Now I'm Lying On The Cold Hard Ground:.

Dear Audacity,

After all these years, I'm still stuck in a moment I can't get out of. And you know what? It feels good, albeit scary.

I guess we're stuck with each other for life. One way or another. I can't say I'm complaining about that at all.

No comments: