Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Project 52 2014 (17/52): Line In The Sand

.:Project 52 2014 (17/52): Line In The Sand:.


Evolution is a mystery, full of change that no one sees...

As time goes by, we keep on thinking more and more about the things that have brought us to where we are today. How does one, well, "evolve" to be a better person? It's virtually invisible. From day to day, you don't really take notice of all the changes, and only a long way from that point do you really see it, like when you look at your high school class picture five long years after you graduated from college.

I've changed so much. But only when I stop and take stock of where I am now from where I was before do I begin to understand what that implies for me.

Clock makes a fool of history...

You feel like an idiot sometimes, wondering where you are now and comparing it to what went before you. Is it a healthy thing to do? To be honest, you can't really say that it is, but hey, whatever it takes, right? Sometimes, you just really have to look at where you came from and where you are now to fully appreciate the long way you've come. It's helpful, and it gives you a load of perspective, albeit sometimes, it does get rather dicey when you don't learn from it.

Ever thought about how stupid we all look sometimes, when we once had that ridiculous hairstyle, or insisted on that terrible fashion statement? Yeah, it does give us a few laughs at our own expense, and yeah, it's definitely something we hopefully learned from, lest we end up running back to that same atrocious hairstyle, or maybe even worse.

Yesterday's so long ago, don't agree with what I know.

At some point in my life, I was reckless with a lot of things. I took for granted how people would see me if I acted a certain way or did a certain thing. Nowadays, even when I do something ridiculously upsetting or controversial, I at least have given it some thought first before I went ahead and did it.

I don't agree with a Hades of a lot of things I used to believe in. I guess that's why I come off a lot as cynical to most people who don't know me, and I can't say I blame them. I really do exhibit all the symptoms of a full-blown cynic, but in reality, I do put a lot of misplaced faith in people, yet I keep on holding on to them no matter how ridiculously betrayed I end up feeling when my initial inkling gets proven for the freaking prophetic vision it ends up actually turning out to be.

Tomorrow, got no place to be...

The future's only yet to come, so all I can do now is appreciate what I have at the present. Evolution really is a mystery, but hey, nobody said we have to have all the answers from the word "go," right? It never was that way.

I see the line in the sand...

And yes, there are lines every man has to cross at one point or another. It's the line that answers the questions about yourself that you might honestly not want to hear about. It's the line in the sand that highlights the demarcation between the haves and the have-nots, the wants and the needs, love and hate, relevance and apathy.

It's a line that we need to see for ourselves. And at some point, we all need to know when it's worth crossing the line.

Time to find out who I am...

We all say this. It's time to find out who we really are. In the end, do we really have any idea? Do we really know a damned thing? To be honest, it doesn't feel that way, when we're in the middle of conflict and headaches, and everything just seems like it's going wrong and simply unacceptable.

But then, we have to look forward, we have to keep trudging on. We owe it back to ourselves, and the selves we have once become at different points in time.

Looking back to where I stand, evolution...



No comments: