Wednesday, May 07, 2014

Project 52 2014 (19/52): Do You Know Where You're Going To?

.:Project 52 2014 (19/52): Do You Know Where You're Going To?:.


Do you know where you're going to? Do you like the things that life is showing you?

I realize that I've been spinning my wheels in this blog for a long while, and I can't really help it. There's so much going on, and inasmuch as I like doing my usual fun stuff with the pictures and captions and the Cracked-style writing, it's really felt much smarter for me to focus on doing that for my work, instead.

But that doesn't mean I ever run out of things to talk about, or things I want to say. There's so much I want to mention, and so much that goes unsaid on a day to day basis. Heck, I'm willing to sneak them into the Project 52 if I have to, just because.

Like Hearthstone. Hearthstone has next to nothing to do with the rest of this post, but I'm gonna talk about it, anyways. Because it's an awesome game and I really, really like it.

Or the opportunities I've been having lately to meet new people. That has been nothing short of exciting too, as well.  Not a fan of tipping my hand too soon, but I have to admit, there are a lot of good things happening on that front as of late, so I don't want to jinx that by saying anything else at the moment.

But I'd like to think that I do know where all of this is headed to, and I'm hoping it's someplace good.

Do you get what you're hoping for? When you look behind you there's  no open door. What are you hoping for?

They call it a mid-life crisis. I call it life as usual. You always don't know what you're going to get, you always don't know anything for sure. The one thing you know is that you have to keep on keeping on if you want to get anywhere, because stopping to pity yourself is pretty much the worst thing you can do to yourself. What you hope for and what you work for should be one and the same thing. Otherwise, you're just deluding yourself, and it really won't be long before you discover, much to your chagrin, that you aren't really getting anywhere closer to where you really ought to be.

That's why sometimes, you really have to look at yourself long and hard. You really have to ask yourself the questions you don't want to ask. Because the answer that you don't want to hear is precisely the answer that you need to hear. And you owe it to yourself to listen, and to listen good.

Once we were standing still in time, chasing fantasies that filled our minds...

Nothing wrong with fantasies, and chasing dreams. But there's everything wrong with holding onto them and thinking they will take us where we need to go. It doesn't work that way. We need to make them happen ourselves. We need to believe in ourselves before we even so much as think about perhaps making brand new fantasies up in our head.

It's not simple, I realize. But neither is anything in life worth fighting for.

Do you know where you're going to? Do you like the things that life is showing you? Where are you going to?

There's so much more ground to cover. So little time. But as our time runs short, all I can hope for is that in the brief moments I spend here, you learn to appreciate more what all of the things in your life you take for granted actually mean to you. It's a long, hard lesson to learn, but it's better to learn it while you still have those things in your life than when they no longer are.

Where are you going to?

No comments: