Friday, June 06, 2014

Project 52 2014 (23/52): I'll Never Go

.:Project 52 2014 (23/52): I'll Never Go:.


You always ask me those words I say, and telling me what it means to me...

There's so much left unsaid, but after last week's great series of shows and my hosting for Mr. Rex Navarrete and Mike Unson on two separate nights, I can't help but feel rather accomplished, and raring to go for more. So now, I try to focus my mind on stuff outside of work and performances. And I realize that so many of the things I say and talk about run the gamut of significance based on who I'm talking to, and when I'm saying it. It's not really something you just get to determine in one go.

Having said that, what else is there to think about, really? I've been running myself ragged the past week, but it's been all worth it.

Every single day, you always act this way...

So I do get questioned from time to time. I do end up having to defend myself and defend my integrity because that seems to be the most appropriate thing to do when questions come your way, and after everything's been said and done, I stand. Proven.

For how many times I've told you, I love you, but this is all I know...

If I didn't love what I do, I wouldn't be here any longer. Sometimes, that's all I have to go on, really. It's the "fumes" when I'm "running on fumes." It's the "what" in "what keeps me going." Passion. Love. For what I do, and in the pride I take in doing what I do as best as I can, and finding myself unparalleled in it. I begin to understand what they mean when a great man once said: "I'm the best at what I do..."

"... bub." Snikt, snikt.

And speaking of Wolverine and all that stuff, I realize I should review X-Men: Days of Future Past when I find the time. I'm just so occupied with all the stuff I have to do, I don't know if I'd ever manage. But whatever.

I'll never go far away from you...

In the end, all I have is my steadfastness to go by. That no matter what happens, regardless of the tempest, I will remain. I will survive.

Even the skies will tell you...

And many have questioned that. So many, indeed. But that doesn't affect me much, insofar as I concern myself more with vindicating myself through actions and through accomplishments, not through empty rhetoric and shifting blame.

That I need you so...

I need you so because I realize that this passion is what drives me. And it's good to realize that this passion isn't directed towards an all-consuming desire for a person, whether or not it is reciprocated. I've finally broken free of that. It's passion that I need, but it also emanates from within me, rather than something I need to be inspired into. And no matter the uncertainty, one thing is for certain...

But this is all I know, I'll never go far away from you...

No comments: