Monday, April 04, 2011

Project 52 (14/52): Porque - Maldita

.:Project 52 (14/52): Porque – Maldita:.



It’s funny how I don’t actually understand the lyrics of the song since I don’t speak Chavacano, but just by listening to how they sing the song, you know that it’s a song about heartbreak.

Of course, I took the time out to discover what the lyrics actually meant, and it tells the story of someone who gave their heart and all to somebody only to be left behind, hoping things would change, hoping for a miracle of sorts to happen and turn things around. There’s just something about the song that sounds so ethereal that you can’t help but fall into a trance. It’s a very good tune and I’m really glad that the song has allowed them to break into the local music market, because I can only hope for even better music from Maldita.

I don’t know why, but even before I understood the lyrics, the music and vocals really just tugged at my hearstrings and got me all misty-eyed. You could hear the sheer despair in their voices as they sang, and you could feel their despair become your despair. It was a masterful combination of different factors that just brought about a song I can’t help but really like.

To be honest, if it weren’t for Maro, I wouldn’t even know what the song was called. From there, I just listened to the song, and appreciated it more and more.

I am officially a fan of Maldita, and I look forward to hearing more of their music. “Porque” really is a rare gem of a song that transcends the language barrier by reaching out to the very core of your being and touching you with its own soul. If only for that, I have to say that this song is quite special.

No comments: