Monday, April 25, 2011

Project 52 (17/52): Landslide - Fleetwood Mac

.:Project 52 (17/52): Landslide – Fleetwood Mac:.



I like Fleetwood Mac’s music a lot, and I have to say, this is among my favourites from them. Landslide tells a very heartbreaking tale of how it feels to build your world around someone only to see all of it come crashing down.

I don’t really know what else to say beyond that, really. I’ve been on the receiving end of it all a lot, building your future around someone, only to realize you have nothing once that someone is gone. It’s not easy to find yourself all over again when everything is said and done.

Fleetwood Mac is a group of legendary proportions, having been in existence for over four decades already, and simply churning out hit after hit after hit. It’s pretty funny that I didn’t even know the title or the artist of this particular song until about a year ago, when I asked Jazz Nicolas of Itchyworms fame what that really cool-sounding song was that he covered during one set in 70’s Bistro. From then on, I just learned to reappreciate all the great music from Fleetwood Mac, because those songs are practically legion.

This song wins my personal award for “best song I had to hum for years before I so much as knew the title.” I never knew the song’s lyrics, never knew the song’s title, so I just had to hum it, and only when I hummed it to Jazz did I actually find out what the song actually was.

1 comment:

Will said...

i love this song too!first heard the smashing pumpkins cover which is fantastic, but the fleetwood mac version i think is better. the dixie chicks version is also fun.:)