Wednesday, October 05, 2011

Project 52 (40/52) : Moves Like Jagger - Maroon 5

.:Project 52 (40/52): Moves Like Jagger - Maroon 5:.


Just shoot for the stars, if it feels right...

This year, Moves Like Jagger was on top of the Billboard charts when I turned 28. Needless to say, this makes it my song for the year, and what a good choice, really. I guess Westlife can wait another week, but hey, I'm a huge fan of Maroon 5, and I love how they never seem to run out of awesome songs to regale us with.

This tune is ridiculously catchy, and makes you want to learn how to whistle. The tune is stuck in my head, as it has been since last week, so yeah, I think it's hard to go wrong with Maroon 5 leading the charge for my 28th year. The fact that Christina Aguilera's part of this upbeat track doesn't hurt, either.

In any case, when I think about the lyrics a bit more, I find it pretty cool that tributes to Mick Jagger are being made in very creative ways. Nobody expected the Rolling Stones to live on as long as they did, and the music video itself pretty much told the story right there and then.

No comments: