Tuesday, January 21, 2003

Maybe I should run for public office. Nah... still, it's a funny thought. For the past couple of months or so, I've noticed that anywhere I go, I end up seeing someone I know. I'll try to prove that point by running down what happened to me this weekend...

After Aling Banang's, my stepdad took all of us to Eastwood, where we did nothing too interesting, except maybe drink coffee at Seattle's Best (While I'm no Starbucks Fan, at least they have Caramel Cream Frappe... and Seattle's doesn't.). So while walking around for a while, I end up bumping into Icks Dumlao, one of my old friends way back from Don Bosco Mandaluyong. Honestly. What were the chances of seeing him again? Not too high, I must say...

As if fate decided to remind me I knew a lot of nice people, as we sat down in Seattle's Best, I look across me and there's my really nice Economics 102 prof, Ma'am Karen Tecson. It was really odd how that happened. I saw her by chance just last Thursday, so the serendipity of meeting two people in a row in the same area on the same day was pretty unnerving to me...

Next day, while going to Galleria to watch The Two Towers again, I look outside the exit into the parking lot as we were driving by, and I saw Bianca from the Ateneo Debate Society. Again, what were the chances? I likewise recall that when we watched Agimat a couple of weeks ago, we sat in the exact row as my P.R. prof, Mr. Sev Sarmenta, did. Sure, meeting someone in a theatre is fine, but sitting in the exact same row? If this is what Charles refers to as his "stalker powers", then I must say that it's uncanny!

Okay. After the movie, we went to mass. Inside the Church, in comes Jupi, one of my first year English blockmates. Of course, that wasn't much of a surprise, seeing how Mary The Queen, after all, is usually a Xavier student's church-of-choice. Some time ago, I also saw Jobert there in mass. Really, really strange... of course, the highlight of the night in the mass last Sunday was the fact that Rica Peralejo (With Bernard Palanca) was just three to four rows behind us, and Caren, my stepsister, was really eager to point that fact out.

Too many coincidences in a span of three months... not that I'm complaining. It's just... uncanny...

No comments: