Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Hrmmm...

.:Gunning For It:.

I'm currently applying for an editorial position in a gaming website, and I feel a bit good about my chances of getting in. At the rate I'm going, I certainly believe that while I am not 100% familiar with the kind of work I will be doing, I am more than willing to learn the ropes and do what I can to make things work.

While I would consider myself a gamer, I'd have to admit I'm not an MMOG person, if only for the lack of experience with the format itself, given how I don't have access to play them on our office computer...

Well, the interview seemed okay. Gutsy, the guy who was interviewing me, liked the range of knowledge and enthusiasm I had for gaming in general, and his only concerns would be how this new job would connect with my current job, and my official qualifications in an editorial position. Nonetheless, I'm hoping that those concerns can be overlooked, given the strength of personality that I have, which is an obvious requirement for the job.

He also liked the anecdote I had about the yearbook, for that matter. Our high school yearbook was completed so quickly that by the end of summer, it was ready for distribution.

I was editor-in-chief of the yearbook that year... heh.

.:Cycles:.

Two years ago, I said something to the effect that whenever I'm doing well, one of my best friends, Abby, isn't. I likewise mentioned that the converse is true. Whenever she's doing well, I'm not. It just doesn't seem to be the case that we'd both be on the up and up, or, heaven forbid, we'd both be on a downward spiral.

So guess who's on the up and up right now?

Well, Abby's leaving to study her masters in London this year. I don't know about you, but yes, I'm definitely happy for her in that regard.

But then, I begin to realize the seeming futility of my M.A., and I feel distressed by it, all the more.

.:More Internet Game Madness:.

I edited my entry on net games, and included a couple of them, most notable being Sleuth, which is a pretty cool detective game. You should really give it a try if you ever want to put your gumshoe skills to work. I highly recommend this incredibly addictive and fun game, and would actually have simply signed up to be a premium user had I actually had the means to pay for it. I have the money, but I don't have PayPal or a credit card. Ah, well.

On top of that, I recently got heavily involved in Utopia, to the point that I'm now actually talking over YM with the other members of my kingdom. It's been fun so far, and I've learned quite a lot from them, to say the least.

So now, aside from those two games and after all the time I've spent on the games I brought up a couple of weeks ago, here are the only ones I still really play and recommend:

1. The Five Pillars: a new take on Archmage that I absolutely love. It's a lot more simplified than Archmage was.

2. The Reincarnation: A straight-up Archmage remake...

3. Nexus War: Entertaining, but I have a lot to learn.

4. Travian: I'm enjoying Travian a whole lot. This is a great game, although the building process takes a pretty long time...

5. Monsters World: It's not as exciting as the other games, but being able to play as a vampire or a werewolf holds an appeal all by itself. ;)

.:Scary Movie 4:.

I'll see if I can review the movie, but let me tell you a secret.

Care to take a guess who I was supposed to watch the movie with, had the person not backed out because of a family dinner? ;)

Oh, well. Maybe some other time, then.

No comments: