Wednesday, September 07, 2011

Project 52 (36/52): Antukin - Rico Blanco

.:Project 52 (36/52): Antukin - Rico Blanco:.


If there's a will, there's a way.

It has been a while since this song came out, and I must say, it is definitely one of the truest songs I have ever heard. But what brought this reminiscence about Rico Blanco's instant classic, you ask?


Here's an obvious hint.

So yes, I met e man last Friday in Capone's, while performing onstage with Mike Unson. Needless to say, it was an awesome time, and seeing how we're doing a show in Capone's every Friday night and on this Saturday, we will be performing in Conspiracy, so you totally should drop in on us, but anyways.

This song is one of my favorite songs of all time because it really underscores a basic truth in life and love: if you don't want it, you find excuses. If you want it, you find ways. Ultimately, it's the realization of that fact that allows a person to understand how life works, especially when it comes to relationships. We overanalyze every little thing thanks to the mind games men and women play on each other, but ultimately, it boils down to whether or not both of you really want it.

This is admittedly a short analysis of a really great song, but it's hard to type out a full entry on my iPad. Despite that, I do believe that this song really just hits the spot, especially when I need to remind myself that while I can want something with all my heart, if she doesn't want it herself, then clearly, it isn't going to work out.

If there's one line that stood out from the Titanic that neither Jack nor Rose said, it must be the line "I make my own luck." The Phantom uttered these words, obviously, and it was so true, and ultimately, because everyone has that capacity, if someone really likes you, any faux pas would get glossed over, but if someone doesn't, well, then it's pretty obvious that they will take any excuse to drop you like a hot potato.

With Rico Blanco working on a new album soon, I can't wait for the next classic from him, definitely.

No comments: