Tuesday, March 08, 2005

.:Today's LSS:.

There's something about this song that just really gets to me...

You Were There
by Southern Sons

I guess you’ve heard
I guess you know
In time I’d have told you
But I guess I’m too slow
It’s overly romantic
But I know that it’s real
I hope you don’t mind
If I say what I feel
It’s like I’m in somebody else’s dream
This could not be happening to me

Chorus
But you were there
And you were everything I’d never see
You woke me up from this long and endless sleep
I was alone
I opened my eyes and you were there

Don’t be alarmed
No don’t be concerned
I don’t want to change things
Leaving just as they were
I mean nothing’s really different
It’s me who feels strange
I’m always lost for words
When someone mentions your name
I know I’ll get over this for sure
I’m not the type who dreams
There could be more

Chorus

Can I take your smile home with me?
Or the magic in your hair

The rain has stopped
The storm has passed
Look at all the colors
Now the sun’s here at last
I suppose that you’d be leaving
But I want you to know
Part of you stays with me
Even after you go
Like an actor playing someone else’s scene
This could not be happening to me

Chorus
Ooh… I’m not alone
Ooh… I’m not alone
I opened my eyes and you were there


.:Metrowalk:.

... has yielded films that I couldn't find in Avenida, albeit for fifteen pesos more than how much I usually get my DVD's.

While looking around, I was genuinely surprised to find out that there apparently was a Special Edition copy of “Battle Royale” there that I was glad to have found, as it certainly enhanced my experience of the film. The more I watch the film, the more I realize how much I really enjoyed the way the film was done. I guess I have two 20-30 page papers to finish on top of my novel over the summer, but I think given the subtle nuances of my take on Battle Royale, it would be an entertaining read at worst.

Other than that, I also found Takeshi Kitano's “Fireworks”, and two Korean films: “Samaria”, and what I thought to be “La Brassiere”. Well, after watching whatever the film I actually got, I'd prolly give it back for a devil I know, unless this film I got was a good one... heh. It's about North Koreans who want to “liberate” capitalistic South Korea in what I think looks to be a comedy of sorts... I didn't feel too particularly good about this film, though...

.:When To Draw The Line:.

Mark Rosewater has a great article about girls and card design in magicthegathering.com. I really liked the article, as I felt like I definitely could relate to some of the lessons he learned.

No comments: