Friday, August 04, 2006

Sorta Review...

.:Do The Meme! It's Cool!:.

Check out one of my recent entries with a meme. I want to see if I can guess who's who... hehehehehe...

.:A Short Notice Review: Miami Vice:.

Watched the movie with a new friend. Hehehe.

Well, I don't feel like writing a complete review for the movie, really. Let me just say that given my letter grading, the movie's pace was too slow, the attempt at artsy shots failed miserably, and the ending of the movie just absolutely didn't resolve anything, as if it were pathetically screaming for people to watch the inevitable sequel.

The movie, in a nutshell, is like this: Sonny Crockett (Colin Farrell) and Ricardo Tubbs (Jamie Foxx) are on a drug bust when they find out a deal has gone bad because of a leak somewhere in the department. For them to work it out, they have to go undercover themselves, and find means to get to the Colombian kingpin, Jesus. Somewhere along the road, Sonny falls for the kingpin's assistant, Isabella (Gong Li), and they have hawt sex. A lot of hawt sex. Too bad Colin blocks the view every single time.

So anyways, at the end of the movie, everybody forgets about the leak, and everybody forgets about the kingpin, too. Funny that. An exercise in futility, and bad accents. I don't know with you, but Gong Li trying to sound like a Cuban just threw me off, and the accents are all over the place to the point where I can't understand a lick of dialogue.

It's not that the acting was bad. Quite the opposite, in fact. It's the fact that the shot selections are an acquired taste, and the script itself was abysmal. No amount of great acting can cover up a plot hole as gaping as Jenna Jameson's... err... never mind.

"Fun" Rating: C+
"Critical Rating: C-

No comments: