Thursday, December 28, 2006

Bah, Humbug

.:Bah, Humbug:.

... cold and lonely.

What else could I have expected?

Was there anything I could've honestly hoped for from about fifteen hours of an illusion?

Goddammit, I'm a magician. I, more than anyone else, should know better than to accept an illusion at face value, and yet I did.

At the end of the day, I was just given a cold, harsh reminder that Christmas really, really sucks.

When people assume "Christmas is canceled" because Santa Claus apparently doesn't exist, I've pretty much ascertained for myself everyone has completely missed the point of the holiday already.

There was one and only one good thing about the holidays, and that was the point where I did a charity magic show for an orphanage in Don Bosco Sta. Mesa, where I was a student...

Outside of that, Christmas has been empty and pointless. It was just another day as is any other.

Bah, humbug. So much for giving love on Christmas day...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HA HA HA! Talk about becoming a Grinch! (Just kidding.)

Well, it's still a choice if you want Christmas or any other day to be cold and lonely or empty and pointless. Being single, broke and/or sick (in my case, all haha) shouldn't be a really big factor.

Everyone nowadays has his/her own idea on how Christmas should be celebrated. Most commemorate it by just spending more money for food and fun, throwing parties and/or giving gifts. Some go with it by spreading good cheer (I hope people do this everyday) or by doing some or little charity (just like what you did). And a few make it a time to reflect and thank how the year has been, and to rekindle relationships with family, friends (and frenemies) and other people.

But the real meaning of Christmas is to remember a four-letter word - HOPE.

God gave us hope through His Son.

Christmas Day is just a commemoration of the day the Messiah was born. We probably don't know yet the exact date. (Don't get me wrong. I'm no theologist or even a faithful though some researchers say it's September.) But whatever that day is, early Christians celebrate it as the day of great hope.

Wishing Warm Holidays and Better, Blessed Meaningful New Year.

Vicky said...

happy new year- may 2007 be full of meaning....