Friday, March 23, 2007

Aufwiedersehen?

.:The Axe Falls:.

And now I know why there was an "urgent" matter that needed to be discussed "after" the anniversary. Apparenty, I am all set to receive my second memo, and this will result in a five-day suspension without pay from work.

I won't make any excuses for the fact that I have been delinquent with my work at WAVE as of late.

However, I will not sit idly by as they continue to let me languish in the graveyard shift and expect my health to keep up with it.

That being said, they have been adamant that unless I can find alternatives, then I have no choice except to either put up with my timeslot, or to simply leave the company. Well, guess what? I just decided that instead of letting my suspension roll by as a forced vacation for me, I'm going to use it as an opportunity to go job-hunting. I know I can find work, and I know I can do better than this.

Quite frankly, I don't care about "company loyalty" anymore when it comes to this company. It's been nothing but an excuse for them to treat their employees shabbily, and I am not going to be an idiot and take it all in blindly.

I've been put on notice, and now, WAVE is officially on notice from me, as far as I'm concerned. If it hasn't ocurred to them that they're almost literally killing me with these conditions, then I know I deserve better than this.

No comments: