Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Welll.....

.:I Actually Watched 300 Thrice...:.

I saw it a bunch of times, but the third time was the best time because on that day, I watched it with my Beloved, which was awesome.

We spent a lot of time with each other in Eastwood last Monday, and it was the first time we were together up to the evening.

She was beautiful that day. Her glasses made her eyes even more expressive than they usually are, and her smile just made me melt every single time.

Hugging her, holding her in my arms creates an electricity in me that I can't quite explain...

And though at times I wonder how someone who can make me feel so happy and so loved can make me feel so wretched almost the next moment after, I am still thankful to God that I have her and that I still have her in my life. I don't want to lose her. I want to spend the rest of my life with her.

I know. I just said that out loud.

And I'm not ashamed to at all.

She means that much to me, that I would sooner swallow my pride and blame myself for losing her than point my finger at her. She is simply too wonderful a person for me to just allow to pass me by...

.:Hanging Out With Bessie-Moo:.

We're in the same boat...

I know it's so hard to not know where you really stand at times, but we'll make it through. We have each other.

And pizza. Pizza's always good.

Ask the Ninja Turtles.

Thanks for spending time with me, Bessie! I'm glad we got together...

.:Taste Conditions Dry Run...:.

I tried them in one-on-one settings, and the magicians I performed it for liked the effect a lot. The one layperson I performed it for was floored.

I like the effect a lot, and I think that the extended patter really helps them. At one point, I had a spectator nodding his head while I was merely describing the change and by my watch, it wasn't supposed to happen yet. He was *that* assured that the change was happening right then and there.

I also got a "WTF?!?" reaction from a fellow magician when I performed the effect for him without letting him know what I was planning to do.

As a rule of thumb, if you intend to perform this for someone, don't even describe what the effect is, even just casually. When they remember you telling them about this effect before performing it, it just shatters the whole effect because they will begin expecting it, and it will ruin the whole aura of relaxation and imagination.

I really have to hand it to Mr. Strebler. I only regret that I have no means of performing this effect surrounded so far. Any ideas would be more than welcome via e-mail, though.

No comments: