Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Random Thoughts...

.:Disturbed:.

One of the most striking commercials I've seen on television lately was the Bayantel Money-Back Guarantee commercial, where a guy went to a toilet and amid really gross toilet-related sound effects, he realized he wasn't able to take a crap, and wished he could get his five bucks at the pay toilet since he never did go do his thing.

It's not exactly the kind of commercial anyone would want to see in the middle of lunch or dinner, you know. Yet I saw it while I was having dinner... disturbing.


In fact, just now, I saw another one of the Bayantel commercials. They're all really, really weird...

Some of the new cable commercials are also weird, like the one about "Unleashing The Man In You", where a hot girl ended up having the voice of a guy, and the one about good taste. Commercials have been really weird lately, and not in the good way...

.:Unwinding...:.

The past week has been an exceedingly stressful week, and it's been a chore to just survive, in the face of impending doom at work. I needed some time to really get my bearings back, and I guess I simply wanted some time to just relax and unwind.

I found the opportunity to hang out with a newfound friend, Kathy's cousin, Honey. I went to a gig by her band and a few other bands including Stonefree, and it was really fun watching the performances, even though the band culture isn't really my cup of tea. They had some sappy music for their prom night theme, and everything from "I Want It That Way" by Backstreet Boys to a medley of classic love songs like "Eternal Flame" and so forth were done by Honey's band, on the other hand.

That being said, I went there mainly to hang out with Honey and to perform magic for the people there in hopes that I can land a gig. I still have a lot of ground to cover, particularly because I really want to take this show on the road, and every bit of exposure counts.

I got to really enjoy the company of the people there that night. I really had fun, and it was a very good night for magic, to say the least.

It's funny because it's only the second time I got to meet Honey (Yes, that's really her first name.), and yet I really do feel that I get along with her quite well. Ah, well. I guess that's a good thing.

After the gig at 6 Underground, we caught a midnight snack at McDonald's. It was all good, really. I had a few hitches here and there, but for the most part, it helps that I have good odds landing a gig... hehe.

.:Just Blah...:.

This weekend has been really non-happening for the most part. I was just staying in during Saturday until the evening, as I really had a lot of issues to thresh out with work. If I'm going to leave WAVE, then I really have to find a balance between whatever I'll be doing next and whether or not I'd still pursue magic. If I won't, then it will allow me to really go all out and find any line of work that I can really work hard in.

The problem with WAVE has really been the fact that I just am not growing, even if I weren't to have these health issues. I'm stuck with the same level of pay I've had since I started three years ago, and I'm stuck in the graveyard shift where there is next to no point honing my skills as a radio personality since nobody would even care. Sigh...

Anyways, the weekend was really meh, and I just hope that after I serve my suspension, things would start turning around. At this point, I really don't know what I'm going to do about these problems at work, because even if I want to stick it out just a bit longer with WAVE, my mom has been warning me that the company seems to be painting me into a corner so I would have no choice but to resign.

I don't want to burn bridges on my way out, if this is really it. I really don't, since there isn't any point to it, considering that I'm not the type who would harbor grudges over stuff like this, and in my opinion, they should realize that any liability I may have become to the company has been directly a result of their doing.

.:Whee! What A Turnaround!:.

"Sana Maulit Muli" has really taken an interesting turn, now that Travis has saved Jasmine from getting run over. It appears that Fate wants to make what was supposed to happen truly happen, and now, with a lot of secrets left and right just popping out of the woodwork, the show is definitely getting more and more interesting.

It's really cool, in a jologs kind of way. And I must say, Glydel Mercado as the villain is just superb. You can really love to hate her character in the film, to say the least.

The show was meandering for a while before Travis and Jasmine got together in the show because to be honest, I felt they were just really drawing out the romance so that it can have an impact when they finally do get together. Well, it paid off pretty well, although I'm now wondering how huge Fate's role in the matter would be, since he showed up at the end of last Friday's episode.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Note to self: Watch TV more.

Note to you: Don't watch TV while eating. :p

I hope everything work-related gets settled soon. o_O