Thursday, March 15, 2007

Hehehehe...

.:Lyrically Speaking Scribbles Part VI: Grasping At Straws?:.

Out Of Reach
by Gabrielle

Knew the signs
Wasn't right


I've been ignoring it for so long. I've been pushing myself and hoping that we would work out if I gave you my whole heart. Yet when I look at you, I feel so inadequate. I feel like I'm never good enough for you because you feel that I'm just reading out a script to you in hopes that you'd hear me out.

I was stupid for a while

And I still am. I know I will keep pushing myself to be worthy of your love. Because no matter how many times you tell me you don't believe it, it's because I truly believe you are the one for me.

Swept away by you
And now I feel like a fool


I do everything I can to give you forever day after day after day. Despite that, I still don't feel that I'm doing enough for you, simply because whenever you act the way you do, I feel that I'm not good enough for you, nor will I ever be.

So confused,
My heart's bruised
Was I ever loved by you?


Was I? Or did you just make a mistake thinking that you did? That you do? I need you to believe in me. I need you to trust me. Because if you still feel that my heart doesn't belong to you, then I guess it's true that I am not good enough for you.

And yet I can't leave any room in my heart to doubt you. I truly believe that what we have is different.


Out of reach, so far
I never had your heart


I don't feel that I have your heart. It feels as if I have to compete with everyone else in your life and that I play second fiddle to every other important person in your life. All your past loves, all your friends, your family. And yet while I press on and give nothing but my best, it still feels as if you think I don't love you enough.

Out of reach,
Couldn't see
Are we ever
Meant to be?


I pray to God that we are. But we can never tell, and you're too afraid to really give it a genuine chance.

Catch myself
From despair


I'm swamped by the fact that it's only been going on three months, and you incessantly question my sincerity. Yet what can I do? Words can only go so far. I need to show you how much I love you, and it's not one or a million gestures that can show that. It's a lifetime of proving to you how much you mean to me. I despair over the fact that it scares me that you don't want that lifetime with me...

I could drown
If I stay here


I want you to think things over. To consider it all carefully. Are you willing to push away something that could be real? Are you willing to let it pass you by because you're too scared to get hurt? At some point, you will have to make this leap. I can wait for you until you are.

It hurts me when you act that way. And sometimes, it feels just too much. That I don't quite know how to reassure you that I love you.

I believe you deserve the best, and if I am anything less than the best for you, then much as it pains me, I would rather you would find someone who can truly make you happy.


Keeping busy everyday
I pretend I'll be okay


Have you ever noticed that I can't hold myself back from saying anything to you for even just a day? It's agonizing for me to stay away from you. I feel forever isn't enough to share with you, and so every moment I waste not letting you know how much you mean to me is a moment I cheated you out of.

I can't be okay without you. I may be able to fool everyone else, but I can't quite fool myself.


So much hurt,
So much pain
Takes a while
To regain
What is lost inside


I'm learning with each passing day that the pain is just temporary, but the love will remain. That's what is important. That the difference this time is that unlike before, what will stand out for me from all of this is love. Not pain.

Because I know that the love we share is real.


And I hope that in time,
It's true love that we'll find
And we'd make it through


I can never thank God enough that you're in my life. He blessed me with my Beloved, and yes, there will always be obstacles we have to hurdle, but I know all we need is enough time to work it through. I just pray you would stay by my side...

Out of reach,
So far
You never gave your heart
In my reach, I can see
There's no life out there
For me


So near yet so far. I feel that you are out of my reach, my Beloved. With everything that goes on around us, everything that keeps us from truly being together.

Yet it's all about building this future we have with each other. By the grace of God, I know we can make it. All I need to know is that you will stand by me.

Will you?

Will you?


.:Can You Believe It?:.

This coming April, I'll actually be one of the speakers for I-Blog 3. Hehehe.

I'll be giving a talk about Creative Blogging and how the Artist's Way can help enhance your blogging experience.

I'd like to take this opportunity to thank sir Jim Paredes for having opened my eyes to the Artist's Way. It has been an integral part of who I am today, and I can only hope that someone, somewhere, will find the same kind of inspiration that I did, and find themselves embarking on the Artist's Way.

It's a long and winding road, but a road worth traveling, nonetheless.

No comments: