Saturday, June 19, 2010

Project 365 Two-Fer (184-185)

.:185/365: Dove Beheading:.



I apologize for the graphic nature of the title, but that’s exactly what this routine is about.

Anyways, if you wanted to shock and get people’s attention, I guess this routine is your go-to. I won’t say much about it, and would prefer you watched the video. :P

.:184/365: Resurrection:.



David Blained gained some measure of infamy when he performed an apparent resurrection of an apparently dead fly.

To be honest, I feel very uneasy when the topic of resurrection is broached. I guess in the realm of magic, if someone is capable of resurrection, then why is he not doing this for people? It becomes a very scary prospect when other people begin to make demands of you as a miracle worker, and quite frankly, that’s why resurrection is strictly off my setlist. I don’t need the aggravation.

This is not to say that this particular effect was not performed well, but it certainly makes some unfortunate implications with regard to the performer...

No comments: