Thursday, August 19, 2010

Retropost: Project 365 (229/365)

For some reason, this old post didn't show up in my blog, so I'm showing it again...

.:229/365: Q and A With Ony Carcamo:.

For now, I will split up individual profiles and their subsequent Q and A sessions, unless I find the need (for space) to combine the two in one entry due to the sheer number of people I get to interview. That way, in case I feature a personality and their Q and A comes in after they get featured, I can just post the Q and A session with ease afterwards.

If I find the need to have more personalities featured, not to worry, I’ll just jampack a day or two with two or three performers, just so I wouldn’t waste the space. :P

I wanted to ask “why do magic?” Maybe I’ll ask them all and compile *that* into one post in the future...

For now, here are the questions I asked sir Ony (And the questions I’d be asking everyone else, actually.), and his answers...

1. Who influenced you to become a magician? How long have you been one?

My father was my first influence. He was a magic afficionado. I remember when I was in grade 1, our teacher asked us what we'd like to be when we grow up. I said I wanted to become a magician. That was my first dream. My father gave me a gift when I was 11--a magic set! That started my magical journey. I've been doing magic until now.

2. How do you define magic? As you are also a mentalist, how do you define mentalism?

For me magic is an entertainment art form that mixes illusion and reality and puts the audience into a dreamland. Mentalism is a branch of magic that demonstrates the power of the mind.

3. What is your best experience while performing?

My best experience? Everytime I tried a new act and it killed my audience. I feel great when I do something very well the first time.

4. What is your worst experience while performing?

My worst? When I "accidentally" revealed a trick's secret because of a bad manipulation.

5. Which layman celebrities do you think would make great magicians?

Politicians are great magicians.

6. What advice can you give to those who want to become magicians?

Just do it!

No comments: