Wednesday, December 17, 2003

Here we go again, and to finish my backlog here, let’s continue with The Top Five People Marcelle Is Most Grateful For This Year.

3. Chico, Delamar, and Brad Turvey: Ever since I worked for RX this summer, it was markedly different from the last time out because Chico and Delle were there this time around. Moreover, I was even assigned to help the two out, which was such a boon to me. I’ve been a rusher since ’96 or ’97, and I must say that I’m very happy that I’ve managed to exchange a lot of laughs and good times with the two, more now than ever. I hope I continue to be around them, especially since my stint with Radio 1 will end once I graduate... ah, well.

Brad Turvey is a person I’m grateful for, and again, I’m not going to assume that we’re close. In spite of that, I owe the man big time for that unforgettable conversation with Pia Guanio, where I ended up being a complete dummy (But a HAPPY dummy.). Brad’s a really okay person, and here’s to hoping that his career continues to move on up as it already is. He’s been working pretty hard to get to where he’s at, and I don’t see anything that can hinder him from getting to whatever his goal may be. And yeah, I’m glad he’s been nice enough to not crucify me for accidentally letting the cat out of the bag every now and then.

You might say that being around the booth on a regular basis makes me privy to a lot of interesting things, but I guess this knowledge comes with the trust that I won’t betray it...

My gratitude to these three people. They made my year a lot more colorful than it ever could’ve been.

Honorable Mention in this category: Brad’s manager, Paolo Bustamante, as well as the other people at RX such as ma’am Lea, ma’am Lally, and Carla. These are all people who colored up my life quite a bit. And yeah, RX is the best. Also, just about every single member of Otaku Boards, such as Madame Sky, Ichi, Chiyo, Shunichi, and the like.

No comments: