Wednesday, August 10, 2005

More Meat

.:Today’s LSS:.

She just knocks me off my feet… ::gushes::

Knocks Me Off My Feet
by Stevie Wonder

I see us in the park
strolling the summer days
of imaginings in my head.
And words from our hearts
told only to the winds
felt even without being said.

Refrain:
I don't want to bore you with my trouble
But there's something 'bout your love
that makes me weak and knocks me off my feet.
There's something 'bout your love
that makes me weak and knocks me off my feet
knocks me off my feet.

Chorus:
I don't want to bore you with it
oh but I love you
I love you
I love you.
I don't want to bore you with it

Oh but I love you
I love you
I love you more and more.

We lay beneath the stars
under a lover's tree
that's seen through the eyes of my mind.
And I reach out for the part
of me that lives in you
that only our two hearts can find.

Refrain, then Chorus

… but I love you
I love you ...


.:Five Stages Of Enjoying Suman:.

1. Suman! Yes! Miyerkules na ulit, eh!
2. Uman! Nakakita din ako ng mabibilhan ng suman! Wow!
3. Man! Mantakin mo iyon? Mura na, masarap pa!
4. An! Ansarap ng suman, ano, Dean?
5. N! N! N! Nabubulunan na ako. Panulak naman!

Short, but sweet. Enjoy your suman! =P

.:New Spam:.

My blog is now being hit by spammers. Uggh. I can’t believe how people like these sleep at night. It just boggles the mind how they just spend all their time making fools of themselves every chance they get, filling your mailbox/comment board with all sorts of useless filth.

A pox upon all thee spammers!

I guess it just felt sad because I didn’t receive any comments at all save for spam. It can do wonders for one’s ego, really.

.:Bad Influence:.

So Diane was in the condo with us yesterday, and she was trying to study for some report she was going to deliver.

Unfortunately for her, Ranulf was busy playing Jade Empire, while Mark and I wanted to see Equilibrium and Ong Bak action sequences.

You can guess she had no idea how to do her work at all... heh. She was just completely enthralled by everything her flatmates were doing... heh.

I think it sort of balances with the fact that I have a horribly painful throat right now... hopefully, I don't have something that'd require a tonsillectomy or something to that effect.

.:Why The Hold Up?:.

There's one main reason why my comic strip is delayed, and that's because I don't have the professional opinion of Ms. Jac Ting Lim about it yet. The strip's already done and inked, and just minimal shading and word bubbles need to be added, but I don't want to come out with one strip only to sputter for the next, so I'm already starting on the second strip so that I can go on a weekly or a bi-weekly installment basis of the strip.

I'm curious though... what comes to mind when you hear the title of the strip, “Pamantasan Ng Capiz”? What expectations do you have from a strip titled like that? Do you expect it to be funny? Serious? Well-drawn (Wahahaha! Can't do anything about that...)?

I know few of you have seen the strip or the character designs so far, but I'd like to hear what preconceived notions about the effort happen to be...

If all goes well, you can expect an installment of it every Monday, and of course, the long-awaited return of the Best Five every Friday. Yes, I now have the means to bring it back. Heh.

.:Baptism Of Fire:.

“What's Up For You?” is my new segment on WAVE during my 2-6 AM show where I put a caller on the air and just interview them and ask about how they're doing and so forth. While my first day wasn't as smooth as I hoped it would be, I decided to spice things up by including some poll questions of sorts every morning to ask the caller on air.

Yesterday's callers were okay. I'm glad they were cooperative, but I know I could've done better. Hopefully, I'd be able to give some kind of system to my program, and it would ensure that the callers are interesting but not dangerous to put on air.

Wish me luck. So far, it's been good. Even had one caller from Vancouver. We never know what might happen the day after that, though.

No comments: