Wednesday, November 23, 2005

More Shenanigans

.:Today's LSS:.

Such a power indeed...

Power Of Two
by Indigo Girls

Now the parking lot is empty
Everyone's gone someplace
I pick you up and in the trunk I've packed
A cooler and a two-day suitcase
Cause there's a place we like to drive
Way out in the country
Five miles out of the city limit we're singing
And your hand's upon my knee

So we're okay, we're fine
Baby I'm here to stop your crying
Chase all the ghosts from your head
I'm stronger than the monster beneath your bed
Smarter than the tricks played on your heart
We'll look at them together then we'll take them apart
Adding up the total of a love that's true
Multiply life by the power of two

You know the things I'm afraid of
I'm not afraid to tell
And if we ever leave a legacy
It's that we loved each other well
Cause I've seen the shadows of so many people
Trying on the treasures of youth
But a road that's fancy and fast ends in a fatal crash
And I'm glad we got off to tell you the truth

Cause we're okay, we're fine
Baby I'm here to stop your crying
Chase all the ghosts from your head
I'm stronger than the monster beneath your bed
Smarter than the tricks played on your heart
We'll look at them together then we'll take them apart
Adding up the total of a love that's true
Multiply life by the power of two

Emily:
All the shiny little trinkets of temptation
Something new instead of something old
All you gotta do is scratch beneath the surface
And it's fool's gold
Fool's gold
Fool's gold
Amy:
Make new friends but
Keep the old
But remember
What is gold
What is gold
What is gold

Now we're talking bout a difficult thing
And your eyes are getting wet
I tookus for better and I took us for worse
Now don't you ever forget
Now the steel bars between me and a promise
Suddenly bend with ease
And the closer I'm bound in love to you
The closer I am to free

So we're okay, we're fine
Baby I'm here to stop your crying
Chase all the ghosts from your head
I'm stronger than a monster beneath your bed
I'm smarter than the tricks played on your heart
We'll look at them together then we'll take them apart
Adding up the totals of a love that's true
Multiply life by the power of two


.:Fighting Writer's Block:.

With each passing day, it gets more and more tempting to just laze away and not write a blog entry, no matter how interesting my day may have been, or no matter how insightful an idea that strikes me happens to be. In spite of that, I still persist in doing what I do, in writing for as long as I see that it is relevant for me to do so.

In any case, I have to list down the things that I should've already done a long time ago, and hopefully, moments of inspiration here and there would allow me to find the time to write about these things...

1. My attempt at a novel/fanfiction on Battle Royale.
2. A paper on Emmanuel Levinas, for Philosophy class.
3. More issues of “Pamantasan ng Capiz”, and a way to scan them and whatnot. Unlike the better comic book artists here, I have no choice but to draw by hand. I don't know how to draw using computers just yet...

For now, I will just content myself with having regular updates again of Suman Wednesdays, although this Wednesday will be merely devoted to re-explaining the whole bit about it because I inevitably get the question every single time I come up with a Suman post and it's already getting a bit annoying...

.:What’s With Marcelle And Suman?:.

Every Wednesday, I try my best to come up with a post about Suman. While I can be delinquent at times, I definitely pull out all the stops to come out with one on a weekly basis.

Whatever topic. Whatever idea. Whatever format. As long as it’s about Suman, and as long as I cooked it up myself, I’ll go ahead and write it.

But then, I do get the rather frequent question of why I write posts about Suman every Wednesday, and I can’t be bothered to explain again what I already did when I started this.

Until now.

Truth be told, I’m not the only guy posting about Suman. We used to have a few people like Charo, Clair, Jonas, Jac, Sean, and Dominique. Currently, that’s down to me, Sean, Clair, and I believe Dom.

So why were we doing this?

Sometime ago we were part of the first ever Philippine Blogging Summit, held in U.P., and one of the speakers there was Dean Alfar, who was giving a talk about creative blogging.

A topic he touched on was about how blogging can be so mundane at times, and all you do is say, “Ang sarap ng suman!”, but don’t bother to talk about what makes it good, what ingredients there are, and then your commenters will just reply with a very lackadaisical “Yeah!”

The idea was funny, but I personally thought it would be funny to turn the tables on Dean and have everyone in his blogging circle just post “Ang sarap ng suman!” and then have everyone else comment “Yeah!” to the posts. But then, I believe it was Jonas who had an insight that just snowballed from my joke suggestion.

As an exercise in writing, every week, we will try to come up with a post about suman. It doesn’t matter what it is. Artwork, a poem, an essay, a short story, a comic strip, heck, even knock knock jokes, as long as it’s about suman.

Essentially, if it’s suman, it’s cool, man.

So there. A tradition that has persisted for months now, and one that I’ll occasionally uphold whenever inspiration strikes me.

Not a bad way to get someone out of a writing funk, if you ask me. At least, it ensures that I will definitely make an effort to write, no matter how bored or lazy I feel. That way, I can safeguard the quality of my blogging somewhat, by getting my creative juices flowing…

.:Missing Out:.

I would be lying if I didn't confess that I'm just a bit saddened I'm not going to be going to Cagayan with my other co-workers in GMA for the shooting of the fifth episode of Day Off. Despite that, I guess I can't say it's too bad, simply because I won't be able to go there and not miss a couple of days of work for WAVE, after all, which isn't a particularly great thing, since I know that they wouldn't appreciate that at all.

Nonetheless, Day Off has been doing extremely well for the two weeks it's been on the air so far. Last Saturday's episode came away with an impressive 5.2 rating, up from the previous episode's pilot rating of 4.4., especially considering your opposition on Studio 23 is related to Pinoy Big Brother (It got a 1.2! Howdya like them apples?).

The show is really good, to say the least. I'm not merely pimping it out because I'm producing the show, but more because this is a hybrid of reality television and public service. Giving day-off packages to deserving women on a weekly basis is, after all, something that gives one the opportunity to give due recognition to the hard work being put forth by women in general. It's no mean feat, and much effort has clearly been put into this program, a far cry from the general and dismissive attitude most of the more “sophisticated” Filipinos have when it comes to Philippine television.

Give the show a try. I'm sure that no matter how bad you'd find the program, you certainly won't sue me to get back that hour of your life you spent watching it... :P

.:Shameless Plugging:.

And since I was talking about this show already, I may as well mention the fact that come Saturday, 8-9 PM at Channel 11, I'd end up having a lot of cameo shots in the upcoming Day Off episode. It'd be a fairly good idea to watch it... heh.

Didn’t realize that accepting freebies from your ex-deal partners wasn’t allowed, though. Lol. I guess I shouldn’t have taken that facial from Let’s Face It, then. Heh.

No comments: