Monday, November 07, 2005

A Placeholder...

.:Today's LSS:.

Ang tamaan, guilty.

You're So Vain
by Carly Simon

You walked into the party like you were walking onto a yacht
Your hat strategically dipped below one eye
Your scarf it was apricot
You had one eye on the mirror as you watched yourself gavotte
And all the girls dreamed that they'd be your partner
They'd be your partner, and...

Chorus:
You're so vain, you probably think this song is about you
You're so vain, I'll bet you think this song is about you
Don't you? Don't You?

You had me several years ago when I was still quite naive
Well you said that we made such a pretty pair
And that you would never leave
But you gave away the things you loved and one of them was me
I had some dreams, they were clouds in my coffee
Clouds in my coffee, and...

(Chorus)

I had some dreams they were clouds in my coffee
Clouds in my coffee, and...

(Chorus)

Well I hear you went up to Saratoga and your horse naturally won
Then you flew your lear jet up to Nova Scotia
To see the total eclipse of the sun
Well you're where you should be all the time
And when you're not you're with
Some underworld spy or the wife of a close friend
Wife of a close friend, and...

(Chorus)


In this post, once completed, you will find out:

.:1. What happened in our shooting last Sunday and how difficult it was to both write the script and figure out how to field produce on the fly:.


The day started for us at around six in the morning. I had to leave my place early, and well, the alarm clock was the last straw for my housemates. Anyone has any ideas how I could get a quiet alarm system for myself or something? Do note that I don't want to sleep with my phone beside me or something like that, simply because I move too much when asleep and I might end up knocking it off or something.

Anyways, when I got to GMA, I learned I was going to be with William, a co-segment producer, and Allane, our researcher. It was going to be an interesting day from the moment we pick up Ate Weng, our Day Off package winner, along with our host, Pekto.

So off the three of us went to Bulacan, except for the small hitch that we were behind schedule, so we had to do the photo session segment of the package last instead of the zoo visit itself. We drove all the way from GMA, to Bulacan, and back to GMA again, and our first actual surprise for our winner was going to be one of her biggest ones...

.:2. Which celebrities I met in said shooting, and which one I met in particular who was IN COSTUME:.

You see, Ate Weng is a huge fan of Kyla. That being said, we wanted her to meet Kyla, and so when we went to get Pekto, one of the hosts, we blindfolded Ate Weng while she was in the van, and Pekto was poking fun at her all the time. He was scaring her half the time, and then asking if her family name was Fer, and her daughter's name was Lucy, while her sister's (Who was there with us.) name would be Neri, and her husband's name would be Ottori. If you got those jokes, you're damned corny.

Furthermore, Pekto took the boom mic from the back and asked her, while she was blindfolded, to hold it. When she did, she was understandably taken aback by it. Heh. Of course, Pekto had to explain that it was actually a mic, and not anything else long and round... ;)

So we got there, and Ate Weng was joking about how smelly her blindfold was. William apologized profusely for that. Heh. Afterwards, we took her to the lobby, where we waited for Kyla. Pauline, Ate Weng's daughter, was extremely cute. She sings along, likes to walk around, and never cried once throughout the whole trip. She was such a dear. I'll have pictures for it next time.

About half an hour or so later, Kyla finally arrived, much to Ate Weng's delight. She was practically speechless, and Kyla was just a natural, considering how really down to earth she was. That's a real person if I've ever seen one. We then headed off to the S.O.P. set, where Ate Weng and Pauline were going to have front seats for the show. So while I did meet the cast of S.O.P. without necessarily talking to them (Except for Dingdong Dantes, as he was my classmate.), what really caught my eye was the Telefantasya segment.

So all the stars of each series in Channel 7 showed up, and this included...

Angel Locsin, in the flesh.

In Darna costume.

.:3. What I spent 1,800 HK Dollars for, and how many games I have for it ;):.

We stayed on for the show a bit more, until a commercial break or two. Mark Herras was on his way out of the stage at the time when Pauline walked up the stage (!), and Mark kissed her on the cheek. Awfully nice of the guy to entertain the girl. Too bad that moment wasn't caught on camera...

So for the most part of the ride, I was just going around there and playing on my brand-new spanking PSP. I didn't bother getting the white one, though. Had to settle for the black one, as it's the only one I can afford in two installments. That being said, we then headed off to our next stop, which was just lunch at The Old Spaghetti House. The food, particularly the pasta, was reportedly not too good.

I guess that's why it's called The Old Spaghetti House. Maybe the spaghetti was three weeks old already. Heh. They even expected us to pay them 10,000 pesos to shoot there, since our show supposedly "profits". Considering how we're a public service program, what an outrage!

.:4. How many horses and other animals I ran into yesterday ;):.

After the lunch, we then drove off to Montalban to Avilon Zoo, which was really amazing. We had fun with lots of animals, including a miniature horse that Pauline rode on quite gamely.

There were different birds, from eagles to cockatoos, and they were all mostly nice enough to just get on your arm and stay there. Pretty amazing. You really ought to see this episode when the time comes. I swear, it's worth a watch.

We even ran into an orangutan named Albert. Of course, our show's executive producer is named Albert...

We also tried to feed the aropeima, which were huge 2-3 feet long fish. The moment we held out our hand, even without dropping food yet, they just started hopping like mad. These fish really took us aback, to say the least.

There were lots of big cats, for that matter. Tigers, leopards, jaguars... I'm sure people like Cheng or Clair would've enjoyed seeing them.

I really have to show you those pictures soon...

.:5. Why a complete stranger asked to take a photo of me:.

While we were taking a breather from the shoot, people were looking at Pekto left and right, and of course, he was attracting a bit of attention, being a celebrity and all.

Next thing we knew, someone shouted, "Uy, si Pekto!", whipped out a camera, and then took a picture.

With me.

Yes. They pulled me into the picture, and wondered why I was so camera shy.

I guess they didn't realize that I wasn't Pekto...

.:6. About the driver from Hades:.

The driver for our shoot was particularly annoying because he just loved to make comments throughout the shoot. While normally, jokes are all good, there were two things he did that we considered foul...

First, he loved to make comments during the shoot while the tape was rolling. We were worried that his comments might've been caught on tape, to the point where we were already joking aloud that we seemed to have a second host in tow during our program. He was just that outspoken, and annoyingly so.

Secondly, and much worse, even, he kept on joking about Pauline's dad. That the dad was the big day off surprise, that Pauline should meet her dad today, and so forth. Ate Weng is a single mom. Way to go, mister sensitivity!

Gawd, I wanted to throttle that guy for all those comments he was making....

.:7. How cute the daughter of our package winner really was:.

Hmmm... maybe next time. I still don't have the pictures with me.


.:8. The wonderful surprise I got from my grandparents today:.

They took me shopping for clothes and pants. How could I not appreciate that, considering how badly I need a new wardrobe and all, neh?

It was a welcome surprise, to say the least, as all I expected was lunch the moment they asked me to meet them yesterday...

.:9. Ethel Booba's new program, Show Ko:.

Ethel Booba has a new program much like "30 Seconds to Fame", and one of the performers was a gay performer who was dressed like Darna. He did splits galore, and for the finale, stood atop two monobloc chairs, and then did a split without falling off.

And most of all, regardless how brief the segment on it may be...

.:10. HOW WONDERFUL BEING WITH POMELO FOR THE PAST 6 MONTHS HAS BEEN:.

Pomelo and I had a very special but low-key date last Saturday, and while most of it was spent arguing, I have to say that we've made a lot of headway into our relationship from when we started...

I understand how difficult it will be to deal with her parents, but that is a bridge we'll cross when we get there. For now, what's more important is that we truly love each other and that we'd do everything within our power to make this relationship work. Both of us have our own issues to deal with, and it's up to us to keep on giving way to each other as our relationship progresses.

You just have to admire a girl like her, really. I understand how guilty she sometimes feels having to lie to her parents about me, but even then, I can't help but appreciate the fact that she has been putting more than her fair share of effort into making this relationship work.

Thank you so much, my darling Pomelo. You know I love you so, so much.

No comments: