Thursday, January 12, 2006

Hmmmm...

.:Today's LSS:.

It just fits me in so many ways... really, it's been a while.

It's Been A While
by Staind

And it's been awhile
Since I could hold my head up high
And it's been awhile
Since I first saw you
And it's been awhile
Since I could stand on my own two feet again
And it's been awhile
Since I could call you

And everything I can't remember
As f****d up as it all may seem
The consequences that I've rendered
I've stretched myself beyond my means

And it's been awhile
Since I can say that I wasn't addicted
And it's been awhile
Since I can say I love myself as well
And it's been awhile
Since I've gone and f****d things up just like I always do
And it's been awhile
But all that s**t seems to disappear when I'm with you

And everything I can't remember
As f****d up as it all may seem
The consequences that I've rendered
I've gone and f****d things up again

Why must I feel this way?
Just make this go away
Just one more peaceful day!

And it's been awhile
Since I could look at myself straight
And it's been awhile
Since I said I'm sorry
And it's been awhile
Since I've seen the way the candles light your face
And it's been awhile
But I can still remember just the way you taste

And everything I can't remember
As f****d up as it all may seem to be I know it's me
I cannot blame this on my father
He did the best he could for me

And it's been awhile
Since I could hold my head up high
And it's been awhile
Since I said I'm sorry


.:An Ultimatum:.

An ultimatum has been handed down from GMA-7 to me the other day.

Unless I work something out, I will have to drop WAVE or GMA. They don't like the fact that I am not present during mastering because I'm doing my boardwork.

However, I made it fairly clear from the interview that yes, my priority is WAVE. Furthermore, it was never made clear that post-production would be so long that it would actually take a full 22 hours to finish, and naturally eat my time on radio if I decided to comply with such an order.

Just great...

.:Bus Rides With Pomelo = Heaven:.

Seriously, that's all we did. I just wanted to see her, so I waited for her after work, then just rode a bus with her.

Quality time rules all.

Damn, I love that girl.

.:On Werewolves And Sinigang:.

It was Cook or Die night for Sacha last night, and the agenda was Sinigang. Much as I wanted to help out, I had to accomplish a lot of work, so I had to finish typing up some stuff for GMA, particularly the CG list that they were asking for.

Ranulf gave me a nice surprise, by the way: a gigantic mushroom. Much appreciated. That was definitely something that I really, really liked. And now that I know that it came from Italliani's, I can go and grab myself one of those when I find myself there again.

So we then had dinner, and the Sinigang was definitely great. It was even impressive that Sacha actually had a small amount of genuine Sinigang for us to sample, and not just the type you get from the Sinigang Powder Mix. She really used tamarinds. Definitely a great meal, and the first time I've appreciated Sinigang na Baboy again after so many years. Really good effort by Sach, though the lack of readily available tamarinds in Canada means this is one meal she can't take there without the powder.

After the sumptuous dinner, Kathy then asked which of us knew how to play Werewolf, and it turns out the game didn't need much explaining to pull off. Essentially, there'd be a werewolf or two, and the werewolf/ves would pick a victim on each day, and then a seer would try to guess who the werewolf/ves is/are. Then, people will lynch someone via vote, and only upon lynching do we actually find out whether or not the one lynched was actually a werewolf or not.

Pretty cool game, to say the least.

.:Kiss Me Anywhere?:.

I recall the TGI Friday's party I hosted last December, and how at one point, the singer, Moccha, got someone up on stage to sing with her, and then afterwards, told him that for being a nice guy, he can kiss her anywhere.

Isn't that just courting disaster? I mean, sure, the guy was decent and just kissed her on the cheek, but what if she got a prick? What if this guy took advantage of an "offer" like that?

Essentially, I'm just wondering if they always do this, or if performers who say that someone can kiss them "anywhere" only makes such an offer if they feel confident enough that it won't cause any trouble, whatsoever.

Just a thought.

No comments: