Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Errr...

.:Today's LSS:.

Usher's always been an amazing artist, and this song is definitely one of my favorites.

Can You Help Me
by Usher

Ohhh Iiii ohhhh Iiiiii ohhhhhhh Iiiiiiiii

Living on the edge, out of control,
And the world just wont let me slow down,
But in my biggest picture, was a photo of you and me.
Girl you know I tried, I work hard to provide all that material things
That I thought would make you happy.
I'm confused can you make me understand,
'Cause I try to give u the best of me,
I thought we were cool, maybe I was blind,
But never took time to see.

Can you help me?
Tell me what you want from me.
Can you help me?
Tell me why you wanna leave.
Baby help me,
Without you my whole world is falling apart and i'm going crazy,
Life's a prison when you're in love alone.

Ohhh girl I love you,
I need u to come back home,
(You know I need you)
I dont wanna be alone

Ohhhhh Iiiiiii

Girl I put your love up on a shelf,
And I guess I just left it to die,
And now we're not together 'cause,
I hurt you too many times,
And now your not around,
I wish for every moment of time
That got wasted we used it to make sweet love,
Baby be my guide, please take my hand, want you to know
That I got ya if you need it,
Don't wanna be on the outside, lookin in,
I gotta have you girl cant you see...

Will you help me?
Tell me what you want from me
Can you help me?
Tell me why you wanna leave
Baby help me, cuz without you my whole world is falling apart,
And with out you I think I'll go crazy,
Life's a prison when you're in alone.

(Oh girl I love you), need you to come back home,
(You know I need you), I dont want to be alone

Please stay dont go... give me another chance I
Wanna be your man, girl you got me down here on
My knees cryin, begging, pleading
I'll do anything for your love whoaa... would you...

Tell me, tell me what you want from me,
Can you help me?
I dont understand girl I'm just a man
Baby help me,
Without you my whole world is falling apart
And without you girl I'm going crazy,
Life's a prison without your love.

Can you help me? Tell me why why why why why?
Can you help me? Girl I'll never stop, cuz you're all I got
Can you help me? Help me understand why I cant be a man
It's driving me crazy (crazy crazy crazy)

Ohhh baby, ohhhh no no
Oh girl I love ya (Said I love you)
You know I need you
Ohhhh ohh ohh I need you
Can't live without you
I can't go one day without you
Oh girl I love you
You know I need you
Can't live without you
Ohh girl I love you
You know I need you
Can't live without you
Oh girl I love you
You know I need you
Can't live without you
You know I need you
Yeahhhhh yeahh yeah yeah...


.:Capybara Night:.

Pictures and a more coherent post will follow, but the guest list was Oz, Clair, JM, Krisette, Hrbz, Fie, and myself. Kathy hosted, and we had chicken, pumpkin soup, and mashed potatoes. It was a pretty amazing dinner, and you just have to love the fact that all of us pretty much helped prepare the food, and I even got to wear an apron just to pull that off...

.:Whew...:.

My mom recently had hypertension and had to be rushed to the hospital. I'm glad she's doing fine now...

.:Engaging:.

I had a nice, long conversation with Diane, an old friend of mine. Interesting. I'm definitely happy how she's been doing as of late.

I wish her all the luck. :)

.:This Is Getting Annoying...:.

The computer I use in the office is being completely shackled by the stupid McAfee Security Service that not only blocks you from going online without knowing the password (Great. There goes my research-based work...), it also runs perpetually, preventing you from hoping to ever uninstall it.

What makes this doubly annoying is it's missing components.

The main compotent that seems to be missing happens to be the bloody uninstall wizard, and no, you can't find the program in Control Panel's "Add and Remove Programs", either.

Guess what? I just tried going on safe mode to uninstall it...

The computer has NO safe mode. What the Hades?!? Windows Professional 2000... what a joke.

Auuuugggghhhh!!!

.:The Great Japanese Tradition:.

Everything you needed to know about Sushi! Mamamamamama! Ohtohtohtohtohtoh!)

.:The New Nintendo Console Is Now Named...:.

Wii.

Yes, it's a silly name. Yes, it doesn't make sense. But I'll be damned if it doesn't drum up interest by sheer name recall.

At this point, Nintendo is proving that any publicity is good publicity. Chances are, people who never even knew Nintendo had a new console coming out know about it now by sole virtue of the name change.

Brilliant marketing tactic, in my opinion.

.:Centuries Of Progress, And This?!?:.

Got this from the news recently...

A Roxboro woman has filed a formal complaint with a local school board after her son was disciplined by a lunch program monitor at Ecole Lalande for eating in what she says is a customary Filipino manner.

Luc Cagadoc’s table behaviour is traditionally Filipino; he fills his spoon by pushing the food on his plate with a fork, his mother, Maria Theresa Gallardo, says...

... “Mommy, I don’t want to eat anymore,” Gallardo says Luc told her at the kitchen table April 11. “My teacher is telling me that eating with a spoon and fork is yucky and disgusting.”

When he eats with both a spoon and fork, instead of only one utensil, the Grade 2 student said the lunch monitor moves him to a table to sit by himself.

Upset over Luc’s story, Gallardo confronted the lunchtime caregiver the next day and on April 13, she telephoned the school’s principal, Normand Bergeron. His reaction brought her to tears, she says. “His response was shocking to me,” Gallardo, who moved to Montreal from the Philippines in 1999, told The Chronicle. “He said, ‘Madame, you are in Canada. Here in Canada you should eat the way Canadians eat.’

“I find it very prejudiced and it’s racist. He’s supposed to be acting like a professional. This is supposed to be a free country with free expressions of culture and religion. This is how we eat; we eat with a fork and spoon.”...

... She disagrees with the lunch monitor’s approach to teaching children how to eat and says it is emotionally abusive to Luc. When she questioned Bergeron about punishing students for their table habits, she says he replied that, “If your son eats like a pig (My emphasis.) he has to go to another table because this is the way we do it and how we’re going to do it every time.” ...


Wow. Just wow. I don't know about you, but that was one of the most ridiculously narrow-minded things I have ever heard about. You talk about Canada, and the last thing you'd expect is blatant and shameless racism. While I realize this is an isolated case, that doesn't mean we can just ignore the transgression that has happened here by individuals who are irrevocably racist.

People eat in many different ways. From using two utensils, to using only one, to using their hands, to chopsticks, it is undeniable that differences can and will exist. Ignorance, and worse, intolerance of such differences could only result in trouble, and this is precisely what we see here.

Shame on you Mr. Bergeron. You've displayed an extreme amount of ignorance and bigotry unbefitting of your position as head of an educational institution. Your casually prejudiced comments that practically equate a child's eating habits to “a pig” indicate a temperament that most definitely needs to be put under scrutiny.

.:Oh, Look. A Suman Post:.

Got this story from Dominique... interesting.

Can somebody tell me why organizers didn’t just serve Dennis Rodman’s suman without the banana wrapping? Basketball’s Bad Boy reportedly got mad yesterday when, after being served the glutinous rice delicacy, he ate it including the banana leaf wrapper.
Rodman is in Cebu for The Bad Boy Tour. He was scheduled to play at the Mandaue City Sports Complex last night in the NBA Legends vs. San Miguel All Stars matchup.
News of the walkout was all over the newsroom yesterday. I never got to talk to the reporters and photographers who were present during the press conference snubbed by the former Chicago Bulls and Pistons standout but this was confirmed by several sources.

One of the organizers, I was told, reportedly said Dennis was “very mad.” The basketball legend walked out shortly after having eaten the suman and the banana leaf wrapper. For those unfamiliar with the delicacy, a suman is cooked glutinous rice wrapped in banana or buri leaves. You’re not supposed to eat the wrapper (My emphasis.).


All right. I'd admit the first reaction would be, “what an idiot”, particularly when you consider Rodman's dad lives in the Philippines.

But then, maybe it's not really stupidity, per se. After all, how many people can intuitively tell that what they're looking at is not actually edible? Would it be so easy to spot a banana leaf as a banana leaf?

Or then again, maybe Dennis Rodman was just being as bad as he wanna be. Because he's not good. He's bad. And he's bad, because he's Dennis Rodman, and if he were bad, then he is not good, and since he is not good, he is bad. Because he is Dennis Rodman, and Dennis Rodman is bad as he wanna be. People call him Dennis Rodman, and he's a bad, bad man. So puny banana leaf is something any bad, bad man can eat. Without worries at all.

I could've sworn there was a serious point there somewhere, but I think I lost them in between chuckles.

But next time, I'd really want to think what Rodman has to say about actual, unwrapped, good ol' suman. The man deserves to at least try the good one.

No comments: