Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Baptism Of Fire...

.:Fwoosh:.

Today was the first actual class I taught in, and it was quite a challenge, to say the least. Columbia was quite a handful, admittedly, albeit I managed to comport myself well enough to keep them manageable enough to deal with.

Anyways, it's all good, really. The students have been very cooperative when asked to pipe down, and with a little bit of nudging, I'm sure I can keep them in line without having to resort to extreme methods.

For the two periods I was with them, I just took the time out to really get to see what their temperaments were, and to really understand what makes the class tick. It looks like they're really a close and relatively united bunch, although I'm still unaware as to how the undercurrents are in the class, really. Despite that, I don't think it would present too much of a problem for me in due time.

In any case, I'll be dealing with them again after an hour, so it's best to prepare myself for what's going to happen next. Heh. It's all good, though, and one can only hope that it's going to be an interesting turn when I talk to them about Literature this time, since my first class with Columbia involved me doing Language with them.

This is going to really take a lot of effort on my part, but I'm up to the challenge.

Naturally, they know by now that I'm a mentalist... heh.

No comments: