Wednesday, August 29, 2007

First Day's Done!

.:Whew!:.

I'd like to think I acquitted myself well enough on my first day of teaching classes in Reedley today. I did fairly well in getting them to understand different ideas for the most part, and after everything has been said and done, I have to say that the students have acquitted themselves fairly well all the same.

Anyways, I did a seatwork for my students in Yale, and it went well enough as I managed to cover figures of speech in a short time frame but rather exhaustively. The same with sound devices and so forth, as well.

Nonetheless, things have been working out pretty well in dealing with the students so far, so even if some of them prove to be a bit too boisterous for my tastes, they're manageable enough. As I always say, they aren't anywhere near the caliber of my DBTC days, so it's all good.

Well, it's just a matter of making these weekly plans work in my favor. Right now, I'm a complete mishmash, and I'm really worried about pulling it off just right...

No comments: