Sunday, May 08, 2011

Mother's Day, Sophia The Lappy, And Aleitheia The Tabby

.:A Happy Mother’s Day To All The Moms Out There!:.

Because if it weren’t for you fine ladies, literally none of us would be here today.

And worry not, because this doesn’t mean that we’d forget about you for the remaining 364 days of the year. Didn’t you know? Every day is mother’s day, today being just that extra special…


She looks like a thinner Sharon Cuneta, no?

.:Retail Therapy For The Buyonic Man:.

Taking a page from Denise Cua’s blog, I’m going to share some of the recent purchases I made…


Meet Sophia the lappy and Aleitheia the tabby.

Since I was cashless until Monday last week, I missed out on the launch day for the iPad 2, which was just fine, as I ended up going to Greenhills to search for one. I didn’t own an iPad 1, so I felt no regret at all about getting the newer model (Seeing how most people who upgraded said that it wasn’t really worth the upgrade.).

In any case, after a futile search in official iStores, I found a stall in Theater Mall that sold the iPad 2 at a decent price, so I jumped right at it. I named her Aleitheia, which I hope wouldn’t be awkward to my future daughter if I ever have one, since I totally plan to name her that, too. After a few more moments of installing stuff and whatnot, I took it home, proud of a purchase well-made.

That was, until, I tried to sync it with my office laptop.

You see, as the office owns the laptop, I had no admin privileges to it. This meant that I wasn’t allowed by my computer’s iTunes to sync with my iPad, which proved to be a bit of a dilemma for me. This led me to the realization that since I don’t have a personal computer at the moment, I may as well buy a good one, and after going around SM Megamall’s Cyberzone one day after buying the iPad, I found her.

She was electric blue, and even matched my iPad 2’s cover. 500GB, decent speed, albeit no Bluetooth or DVD drive. That was fine, since I was provided with an external player, anyways. All things considered, the Acer Aspire One I got looked slick, felt slick, and even had a dual OS, allowing me to switch between Windows 7 and Android at a whim. It also clocked in at about ten inches, making it the smallest computer I have ever owned. I needed the portability, so it was just perfect.

Turning to this tiny powerhouse, I named her Sophia. Which has little to do with my friend, Sophie Manapat, and more to do with the greek word for wisdom itself.

Considering how I don’t buy too many gadgets outside of Android phones, I think it was a long time coming for me to finally get myself the iPad 2 and the laptop. Should be very helpful for work in the coming days, as I’ve been using both heavily for presentations and whatnot.

But no, don't worry. I didn't just suddenly morph into some kind of tech blogger of whatnot. I'm still as pseudo-Luddite as can be. 'Cause it's cool to pretend to be Luddite while holding an iPad 2 in your hands.

No comments: