Monday, May 16, 2011

Project 52 (20/52): I Don't Care - 2NE1

.:Project 52 (20/52): I Don't Care - 2NE1:.



While preparing for my talk on E-Ethics (!) later, I couldn't help but think about this song all the while, if only for the fact that I'm eagerly anticipating this...


2NE1 in Manila, baybeh!

I'm actually a pretty big fan of mainstream K-Pop acts, as I find their music very quirky and catchy. Whether it's "Tell Me" by The Wondergirls or "Fire" by 2NE1, I'm hooked on those ladies, and "I Don't Care," among all those K-Pop songs, really has a great message in the face of lousy relationships and being suckers for punishment.

It's easy to keep running back, but at some point, you just have to throw your hands up and just say "I don't care!" When you have to stand up for yourself, when you refuse to let someone dictate your worth to you, it's the most sensible thing you can do.

I love 2NE1 as a group, and I'm a huge fan of Dara even from way back when she was still a star in the Philippines. I watched her movies, I found her funny and witty, and overall, she's just an awesome person, and there's no question that the rest of 2NE1 are just as colorful people. The way they do their music and the way they get people going, you'd realize just how carefully planned every step is. They're manufactured in nearly every sense of the word, yet there's no denying that behind the manufactured feel of the group, there is immense talent to be found.

Not to mention the fact that "I Don't Care" is pretty much good relationship advice for anyone who'd bother taking it.

No comments: