Wednesday, February 12, 2003

I got to see Ring 2 today, before going to school. Let me just say that for a relatively short film, I extremely liked the movie. Since I don't think I can talk about the film without divulging stuff, let me put it this way... SPOILERS AHEAD!!!

First of all, the film, as a whole was kind of murky. My sense of continuity betrayed me, and I cannot, for the life of me, remember who that new female lead character is. It struck me as unnerving to see Yoichi's mother die so soon in the film, because spoilers misled me to assume that she was the sole survivor. Thank goodness some stuff still took me by surprise. Since I already knew about Sadako climbing the well, my favorite scene in the film just HAD to be Shizuko combing her hair in front of the female lead character, and Sadako coming into the picture, stealing the mirror. Bah Gawd, that was great.

Also, the guy who was doing research looked like Quinito Henson to me... but don't take my word for it. The ending for the film was simply SCREAMING for a sequel...

I am sincerely hoping that my palm pilot isn't busted. If it is, then I am certainly in trouble. That's half a semester's worth of notes, all down the drain...

No comments: