Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Second Post...

And now, I make up for the not-so-great post the first time around...

.:I Took A Meme Or Two…:.

Your Japanese Name Is...

Ryuji Ito


Sounds cool.

The Keys to Your Heart

You are attracted to those who have a split personality - cold as ice on the outside but hot as fire in the heart.

In love, you feel the most alive when things are straight-forward, and you're told that you're loved.

You'd like to your lover to think you are loyal and faithful... that you'll never change.

You would be forced to break up with someone who was emotional, moody, and difficult to please.

Your ideal relationship is comforting. You crave a relationship where you always feel warmth and love.

Your risk of cheating is zero. You care about society and morality. You would never break a commitment.

You think of marriage as something that will confine you. You are afraid of marriage.

In this moment, you think of love as something you thirst for. You'll do anything for love, but you won't fall for it easily.


Maybe I just don’t want marriage right now, but I’m not afraid of it. I’m more afraid of kids, to be honest. I’m not quite sure if I’d make a good dad.

.:The Job Description:.

As a Segment Producer for Day Off on Channel 11, I am expected to:

- Report directly to the executive producer.
- Be in charge of the production of the assigned segment over-all.
- Coordinate and guide researchers on topic development and execution.
- Shoot, write, edit, and sit in the mastering of the assigned story.
- Handle the second camera on shoot or coverage if required.
- Preview and time code tapes and materials before writing and editing.
- Be responsible for the whole team, i.e., cameraman, assistant cameraman, and researcher, during the coverage.
- Handle money and liquidation of shoot budget.
- Participate in weekly brainstorming and post mortem meeting.
- Be on-call for emergency coverage without additional talent fee.
- Sell my soul to the devil. Lol.

That looks like a lot of work, but I’ll do my best to manage… heh.

.:Forget An I-Pod. Here’s What I REALLY Want…:.


What else, neh?

I wish someone in the States could send me one. I know it’s cheaper there, and I’m willing to shell out $200 for it…

I’m drooling right now… they have NBA Live 06, RAW vs. Smackdown 2006, Burnout, and Dynasty Warriors. Wheeeee!!!

.:Let Me Restate…:.

Does anyone else find it ironic that a song about being proud to be Filipino, “Pinoy Ako”, is blatantly ripping off enough riffs from a foreign song that the most non-musical of people can actually tell the similarity?

I don’t know about you, but I find that really sad, because there are so many other songs right now that are extremely popular yet don’t get the kind of attention this song does, just because it’s plastered all over the country with a mediocre reality show backing it up (The latter part, is, after all, just my opinion.).

I just felt that it’s kind of ridiculous how someone could write a song praising the Filipino people, only to turn out to be a rip-off of a non-Filipino song. The mere fact that the musician is consciously aware of how to manipulate a note here and a fret there to not be guilty of plagiarism already illustrates so clearly that there was an intention to copy a song, tweak it a bit, and pass it off as original.

I’m not a lawyer, and I’m sure the artists knew all too well how to dance around plagiarism laws, but the intention was clear enough, and that alone makes me feel that these artists deserve just a bit more than a slap on the wrist. I don’t have to hate their music to ask for this, really. I mean, I like R. Kelly, but that doesn’t mean I condone kiddie pr0n.

Oh, well. Enough vituperating about this song already…

.:This Reeks Of Awfulness:.

I’m a Dungeons and Dragons fan. Maybe not as rabid as guys like Charles and Jobert, but I was dumb enough to watch the first Dungeons and Dragons film, which absolutely shattered my respect for Jeremy Irons. Of course, in fairness to the man, he simply may not have been inspired to act because the script was just that bad…

But then, they decided to make not one, but two sequels. While reviews all around say that it’s “better than the original”, that’s not saying much. Telling people that “Batman Begins” was better than “Batman and Robin” wouldn’t exactly have given then much hope, neh? You just don’t set utter crap as a standard for improvement.

What disturbs me was that the director of this film was soooo impressed by a certain actress’ performance in “House Of Wax”, that she was offered a starring role in the second film. Her name? Paris Hilton. Her comment?

“Sounds like fun. I’ll get dirty.”

Didn’t she already do that in another film? ::snickers::

.:Quick! Buy It Before It Gets Sold Out!!!:.

Wow! You gotta see just how much they are offering to sell THIS GAME.

The guys selling this are smoking something pretty strong

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i know this is going to sound so random, but i was doing a google search on my preschool (because i wanted to know if it was still alive, or if any alumni kept in touch -- hey, i met my childhood best friend in that school) and your site popped up when i used the search terms "little green school" and "quezon city." you were born the same year as i was, so i'm guessing we were classmates. i was probably known as carmina, and my best friend was the chinese looking girl, mirella. haha.

i know, it's random.

so yeah. if you have any information on our preschool (if it's still up and running, if the alumnis hold homecomings and other such), please let me know? thanks. :)

by the way, the site i'm referring to is here ---> http://www.angelfire.com/electronic/dbtc/ <--- and i originally posted this comment in that site's guestbook. luckily i checked the links section, and it led me here.

sorry to barge in uninvited, but i really am interested in finding out more about that school. :) thanks.

Kel Fabie said...

Miao... interesting, really.

I'm not sure if we were classmates, but I clearly recall having been from LGS. Amazing, really, since I have no clear idea if I wrote that in the old website... hehe.

But unfortunately, I never kept in touch. Most of the friends I still have are college friends, not even high school friends...