Monday, November 13, 2006

Sigh...

.:Dry Run:.

Looks like my routine for the next gig is almost perfect. I already did a nice little run-through of it with Estelle, and I think she enjoyed it quite a bit. I ended up falling asleep at her house, though, although I was strongly reminded by it that I just cannot, for the life of me, take being in an airconditioned room... it's just way too cold for me. Heh.

.:At Long Last:.

I ended up meeting JB, one of my best friends from back in college, last Saturday. It was mainly me, Elbert, and her, and as usual, El hit it off very well with anyone I introduce him to, and vice versa. That made for a very interesting night, where I heard quite a bit about how JB has been doing and that almost immediately after her Masters in Economics, she's working for the government already. It's unbelievable, really, as she's just on the up and up. Hopefully, I find some similar progress in my academic career by next year...

Nonetheless, it's been practically two years since I've last seen JB, so it was really awesome to meet her again and just act as if we never missed a beat at all. And of course, because we had dinner at Gerry's Grill, it ended up being the case that I finally satisfied my craving for their grilled squid, which was just marvelous to enhance our conversations.

Elbert did most of the asking, really, since I think he was even more intrigued by JB's new career path, as it does seem like she's doing a rather exciting, or at the very least, interesting job. While I can't entirely be sure how great the conditions of the job are, and although JB doesn't seem to be a big fan of the kind of work she does, I'm still of the opinion that it's only a matter of time before she blazes that trail only she can, because quite honestly now, she really does have what it takes to get to wherever she wants to.

And, oh, El and I ran into Clair by pure accident on the way...

.:The Continuation:.

After dinner, we ended up going to Elbert's place so that we could hang out there since I had to wait for a call from my uncle, as well as wait for Myka and Johan, who would be dropping by so we could just talk to each other.

That being said, things were pretty mundane, but the comedy was golden, because Elbert played his usual “you are so not funny but I'll force myself to laugh anyways” routine, which grabs people all the frigging time. Nonethelesss, my uncle called up soon enough, and it turns out I had a lot of clerical errors I have to address for the next time.

So anyways, JB really enjoyed the company of my friends which made me glad because despite the fact that it's been a couple of years already, things are still going well between me and her. I know she'd continue to be super busy in the future, but keeping in touch with her would be so much easier if only she would go on her LJ more.

If all else fails, we could always just go on a text brigade and make sure we're coordinated... heh.

Thanks for the wonderful time, JB! You're bound to be doing awesome things sooner than you'd think. =)

No comments: