Friday, June 29, 2007

Sigh...

.:Everything Else I'd Wanna Talk About, On Hold...:.

Nothing about yesterday's meeting at WAVE, nothing about Transformers, or the new items I ordered for my mentalism routines.

Oh, well.

.:He Deserves No Tribute From Me...:.

A million and one people have written about him. Some people have condemned him to Hades, others still refuse to believe he did what he did.

I choose to do neither.

It is not up to me to judge him and decree whether or not he should go to Hades. Neither can I look at Chris Benoit as merely a wrestler and separate him from the abomination he committed in killing his family before killing himself.

There is so much wild speculation going on, but this much I know:

1. There is very little reason to doubt that Chris Benoit was the culprit.
2. Roid rage isn't a factor. The murders were premeditated.
3. His stellar career will forever be overshadowed by his last actions.

For the first time in my entire life, I am ashamed to be a wrestling fan. As one of the biggest fans of the Angle-Benoit feuds of age, I cannot look back on my memories of the WWE and smile any longer.

The WWE isn't entirely to blame for what happened, either. Granted that a hundred or so wrestlers under the age of 50 have died in the past ten years, this is an isolated incident of cold-blooded murder perpetrated by a wrestler. Let's can the Jack Thompson syndrome in trying to blame everyone except the perpetrator of the crime himself for what has happened. There is no excusing what he has done, because at the end of the day, hundreds of other wrestlers are subject to the same conditions as he is, and yet this is not how it ended for them.

Even then, a lot of changes have to be made. For the better.

*Sighs*

My brains are still scrambled over this whole debacle. I don't quite know how to react to it all...

No comments: